1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Support group for losing weight

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by pooja, Oct 4, 2006.

1. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Dear Latha

I am so vain that I want to be slim. Hahaha! Yes I shd put on a bit of weight to loose some but ...you know...gaining is done in a blink of a second while loosing weight is the toughest part in the game.

I love the way you reply and your words are warm and soothing. Keep going. Nice to meet you here.

Cheers:wave
    Vijee

2. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

Thank you

Dear Vijee,

As you say we can gain weight in a blink, it is very difficult to lose. But if you keep playing like this , it'll very hard for you to maintain your health.

I also belong to the Chithra Category, elderly but not yet senior citizen.
    Latha

3. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hai Latha,
    thanks for the support. I want to share this info with all the dieters. White pumpking juice is very good for reducing the tummy, even without much exercise. Remove the skin and grate white pumpkin . This will give out the juice easily. Then squeese out the juice well from the scrappings and dispose them. Do not add water. Drink this - nearly 250 ml- first thing in the morning. Take coffee or tea only after atleast half an hour. This is sure to help. I tried this and felt the diference but could not continue due to my sickness. Now it is very cold here with the rains, I am waiting for a break.
    My friend who was very fat, had got reduced by this method.
    And do not start very harsh diets programmes which we cannot keep up. We will feel dejected when we could not follow. Insterad, eat sensibly, small portions of fatty and starchy food. Eat all kinds of food, do not eat only one variety.
    Instead of juice, I prefer to eat the fruit so that I will get the fibre also. And the work is easy also.
    I read in many tamil mag. that drinking hot water before starting a meal and in the night will help reduce weight and also help in controlling cholestrol. Is it true?

4. Preethi

Preethi Gold IL'ite

Hot water consumption..It's true !

HI Varloo,

Drinking hot water before meal (am not sure about after meal) helps in weight reduction I believe...My mother has strongly recommended this method to me and asked me to follow it daily to reduce my weight. This method has worked for her quite well ! Only thing is I haven't started it yet.

Without inhibition, you can start consuming hot water...! Am sure you will see the diff soon..!

Another suggestion for those who cannot follow diet vigorously....Before taking food, take about 1-2 tumblers of water so your stomach will be half full and due to that, your intake of food wont be much..! I have been doing this for a while and I have found I could easily restrict my temptation for extra mouthful of food and consume limited quantity and suprisingly I don't feel hungry tooooooo often !

Love,
    Preethi

5. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

Drinking water before food

Dear Preethi,

Drinking water before meal will help. I am actually trying to lose that 3 kilos which I had gained in the last one year. My daughter was staying with me for sometime. I had to cook NON-veg regularly for my Son-in-law, I think that was the reason.
    Anyway I had brought down those things, but even then I find it is difficult to lose.
    Two/three days back I saw a site
    www.indiacurry.com/obesity .There BMI iondex and EER ratio is given. I checked up. If you like you can do too, all of you. We'll know how much we have to lose. All the best
    Latha

6. sonia

sonia Bronze IL'ite

white pumpkin

hi varloo n all,

I also want to reduce my tummy skin.but I m not aware of white pumpkin.I have just seen pumkin which had green peel n orange frm inside n round in shape.is white pumkin is round wd white peel or what?????????

plz tell me.

TIA
    Sonia

7. Hamsadhwani

Hamsadhwani Senior IL'ite

White Pumpkin

If I am right, the white pumpkin has a light green skin which is fairly thick, the inside flesh is white. It is available in Indian and Chinese/Korean stores in the US.

If this is not the one being talked about, kindly correct me.

8. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

white pumpkin

Dear Sonia,

Which part of India are you from? In Tamil it is poosanikkai, in malayalam, it is kumbalangga, in hindi it is peta.
    It is ash gourd and not white pumpkin and that's where I think you got confused.
    It is ashy colored and some of them are light green coloured with white flesh.
    Ok, I hope you got it now.
    Latha

9. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hai,
    Oops, I am sorry I got mixed up. Actually, there is a problem with the UPS and I wanted to finish the reply before the power went off. In the hurry, I mixed up ash gourd to white pumpkin. Sorry. Thanks Latha, for correcting.

10. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

mistake

Dear varloo,
    I saw the mistake that day itself, didn't want to correct you. But when Sonia asked, I just wrote it. That's all.
    Latha :wave