1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions needed for ironing shirts

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by ptamil2007, Jul 14, 2010.

1. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Hi,

We live in an apartment and the washing/dryer seems to make all the clothes crumpled and lots of crease, esp on hubby's formal shirts.

I would also like to hang out the clothes to dry, but we have a rule that we cannot hang out clothes in the balcony and there is really no space for keeping a drying rack. My two year old will surely topple it every now and then.

So have to use the dryer at the maximum heat every time, even though I dislike it.

The shirts and pants and every other dress, not only becomes shorter every time, but also causes so much crease that ironing the shirts is a big pain.

Even after hours of ironing, the crease does not go away.

Any suggestions or tips would be helpful

2. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

Steam Iron the clothes. It works for me. I do the same with my husband's clothes and my dresses.Otherwise sprinkle some hot water on the clothes you are ironing just before you iron.That makes it crisp looking and creases go away.Try to sprinkle hot water on the spots where there are creases.Then iron.Good Luck.

3. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Some how , it does not seem to work so well. Steam Ironing is what I generally do, but the crease seems very stubbron

4. Vidyakirti

Vidyakirti New IL'ite

One way is to drip dry shirts on hangers. It minimises crease. But since you are not able to do so.

Try not to dry office wear at maximum heat. Since you need to iron it anyway, just ensure it is almost dry.

Spraying with starch makes ironing of cotton shirts a little easy.

Good Luck

5. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Thanks for the suggestion, I should try the starch thing and see if it works