1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Stretch Before Or After Run?

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Rihana, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

There's enough discussion about this out there. How about you? What works for you? Stretching before run or after? Or both before and after?

For me it depends on the day and availability of space. I do the stretches next to the treadmill and depends on whether that space is available. : ) I know, it is not scientific.

Amica likes this.

2. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

I do it after my exercise routine. I never go to gym directly from bed. By the time I hit the gym, I would have done enough walking around the house . I finish my exercise and do stretches. I think the best is to listen to your body. Stretching after exercising is my favorite part. I know worst is done and I feel my body is all sweaty and warm and I love stretching at that time. I also feel grateful that my body worked hard and at that moment I feel like I can achieve anything in my life. It is just overall a happy moment when I'm on the mat stretching my body .

VidhyaVi, Amica and Rihana like this.
  3. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I definitely warm up more during winters and especially while running outside. I try to stretch before and after every run over 3 miles. Before a run, I generally warm up walk for five mins, stop and stretch before running. I was told this by someone on a running forum while starting with the couch to 5k. She asked me to pause the app after the warm-up walk, stretch and then run. Alternatively, dynamic stretching can be done before warm-ups but I don't get a good enough stretch with dynamic stretching. I try to get a yoga class in after every long run. It helps tremendously. I've gone back to yoga and it's helping me a lot this winter with my hips, knees, and shoulders.

SunPa, Amica and Rihana like this.
  4. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

Both before and after a run .

5. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

Usually before and after. Sometimes instead of.

VidhyaVi, SunPa, Rihana and 1 other person like this.
  6. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

: ) "Instead of" -- that's me some days.

Amica and VidhyaVi like this.