1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Slim down - the three month challenge

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by prettydevil, Feb 1, 2014.

1. prettydevil

prettydevil Platinum IL'ite

Its been ages I am planning to reduce my waist, but have been unsuccessful always. But looking at efforts of all the ladies here, I am too inspired to get back into shape.

Anything I do for that day, exercise or healthy diet or walk or anything else that helps me achieve my goal, I will be posting here.

my goal is to follow this strictly for the next three months, so that I can go slim this summer :)

Feel free to join me in this challenge.

Any update, be it your diet or exercise, let us motivate each other and slim down the next three months.

So far, my update is --

Morning - 1 cup green tea
    Lunch - bread upma :)

[​IMG]

8 people like this.

2. prettydevil

Thank you Rockstar1 for letting me the know all the weightloss details via PM. I am sure it is very helpful :)

But I don't wanna be selfish and keep such a wonderful diet plan just for myself.

Hence sharing it here so that everyone can benefit from it.

@Ilites... below is from rockstar1... so all credit goes to him.

follow this diet plan

You can lose upto 8 kg in a month and so, can get back to pre-pregnancy weight fast.

Eating small frequent meals is the best way to lose fat and stay in shape.

Drink one glass of water every hour. This is very important. Please keep a bottle of water near your bed, the TV, office table, in your vehicle and wherever you are likely to spend more than one hour. Drinking lots of water at one go is a pointless affair because, the body can absorb only so little, any given time

Drink 5 ml of apple cider vinegar, mixed with 250 ml of water, five minutes before breakfast, lunch and dinner.

As soon as you wake up - 3 glasses of water

15 minutes later - fruits, any fruit, any amount

8.30 am - 30 g of oats or 2 dosa or iddli or chapati, with a cup of bengal gram or green gram and any other curry or anything equivalent

11 am - handful of almonds or peanuts, not fried

1.30pm - 1 cup of rice or 1 chappathi or anything equivalent, any non veg curry [any amount] or bengal or green gram or mushroom curry, veg salad, and any other curry

4 pm - fruits, any fruit, any amount

6.30 pm - half cup of sprouts

8.30pm - 1 cup of rice or 1 chappathi or anything equivalent like a slice of bread, any non veg curry [any amount] or bengal gram or green gram or mushroom curry, veg salad and any other curry

Before bed - fruits

Do not skip any meal even if you are not hungry

Avoid all sweets, sweetened drinks, sugar, chocolates, biscuits, samosa, chips, bakery food, fried food, dried fruits, soft drinks, rusk, pizza, burger, jam, sauce, cheese, paneer, samosa, butter, alcohol, beer, wine, bournvita, horlicks, boost, and such other products and all junk food

You may have your fill of coffee or tea; only do so without adding sugar

Veg salad is very important for fat loss and assimilation of nutrients. Ideally the veg salad should contain the following

Tomato, onion, carrot, cucumber, snake gourd, ladies finger,and it is best to eat them raw. Do not remove or peel of the skin of the vegetables as the nutrients are just under the skin and on the skin. Just wash well and eat them raw. You may also make a soup out of it and drink it without sieving and filtering the pulp.

CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE STARTING ON THIS DIET PROGRAMME

You also have to do some exercises like aerobic weight training or running up stairs or cycling or playing shuttle, 5 days a week, along with diet to lose fat. Walking unless done at a brisk pace for about 45 minutes is not good enough. Fat loss is impossible without exercise

Here is an exercise routine you can do at home to burn fat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktUval2pQLY

This is another exercise you can do at home with weights.

You could also use two water bottles filled with water or sand, instead of the dumbells.

The video shows only three rounds, But you have to do 15 rounds of the same.

The exercises are:-

Lunges, deadlift, pushups, bent over rowing, abdomen [done five times instead of two], sidebends, front pressd, bent over lateral raise, dumbell curl, french press, shrug [done five times instead of two ] and calf rainse[done five times instead of two]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsyW8B_XRQA

Here is an aerobic weight training routine that you can follow in any gym.

Start with your warm up exercises and then do the following exercise one after the other, without taking a break. When you reach the last exercise, come back for a second round and likewise do a total of three rounds

Leg press --> back raise or hyper extension --> pec deck --> lat pull down --> crunches --> alternate toe touch --> lateral raise --> front raise--> dumbell curl --> french press --> leg curl --> calf raise.

Choose a weight that will allow you 15 repetitions on every exercise. It is alright if you are not able to complete the all the three rounds. Work on it slowly and eventually you will reach there.

10 people like this.
  3. SGA

SGA IL Hall of Fame

All the Best PD

Not expert to give tips .....but......Have good healthy breakfast..... you may reduce weight by eating less but you will gain it back after your food intake increases

4 people like this.
  4. vaishnavya

vaishnavya Bronze IL'ite

Hi....

count me in.... I am also trying to reduce my weight. But couldn't... I am having
    9 months old baby. Because of that... I am not able to be on proper diet. Just eating
    watever I get in my hand and when ever I get time. But 5 days in a week I am working out in gym for an hour. Doing cardio and abs exercise.

3 people like this.
  5. sravanitenali

sravanitenali IL Hall of Fame

PD,

I wish you all good luck dear...
    As SGA said, have good breakfast, everything will fall in place through out the day...

Sravani

2 people like this.
  6. prettydevil

Thank you so much SGA... I shall try to follow that... its just that time never permits and I hate getting up early... :bang

1 person likes this.
  7. prettydevil

Welcome Vaishnavya!

Hope together we can shed some fat and be successful this time atleast :)

An hr of gym is excellent... but dear... do try to take care of your diet too ...

Good Luck....

awaiting to hear updates from you ... :thumbsup

8. prettydevil

Thank you Sravani!!

Will try to eat heavy in morning. I really need to get that into practice before I blow up.

These days I have been literally bloating. Its been a long time since I see that my legs are swollen early morning (even the time when I didn't exercise or was tired). Nowadays, my hands and face seems to swell.

I did try to google and some say could be coz of Thyroid... but I dont know...

Do you or anyone have any idea why this happens and what to do (except for visiting doc :-D)..?

9. prettydevil

01/31 Update:
    Had Salad in early evening and soup at night.

Did Zumba for around half hr.... was dead tired. :-(

02/01
    just did LS 1 mile walk + few min of Zumba... a total of 30 min of exercise

2 people like this.
  10. SunNaa

SunNaa Platinum IL'ite

PD..I'll join to motivate u! :-D u can do it!! :thumbsup

02/01: 32 mins cardio [running + walk] , 15 mins abs workout

2 people like this.