1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Rock The Sahm Role ✌

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by Bubbles, May 4, 2016.

1. Bubbles

Bubbles Silver IL'ite

Hello!!
    Being a mom feels awesome :hearteyes: But having a lovely 6 month old does make it tough to get anything done..that I'm surviving on the bare necessities. That's probably natural, but I want to have a nice home I can be reasonably proud of..and that calls for some planning and (the tough part) carrying it out.. :neutral:
    So starting this thread to commit to work on being a good 'homekeeper'. And manage to care for myself too..
    Ambitious huh ?

sarithariju likes this.

Similar Threads
    1. jayasala42
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. sureshmiyer
      Replies:
      Views:
    3. jskls
      Replies:
      Views:
  2. Bubbles

Bubbles Silver IL'ite

Yesterday went reasonably well..
    Didn't finish everything but spent time productively.
    Cooking:
    Coffee & Breakfast for husband
    Lunch
    Dinner gravy

Eating: didn't skip breakfast :biggrin:
    Cleanup:
    Sink area
    Kitchen counter wipe
    Chores:
    Baby's laundry - clothes and sheets
    Prepared dosa batter for the week

Garbage
    Others:
    Fix baby monitor

Wanted to have bath before H. returned from work but that didn't work out, so had only in the evening.

3. Bubbles

Bubbles Silver IL'ite

Here's today's plan:
    Cooking:
    Coffee & Breakfast for H.
    Coffee for me

Breakfast
    Lunch
    Cleaning:
    Kitchen counter & sink wipe
    Chores:
    My laundry
    Fold Baby's laundry
    Self:
    Today's committments on IL
    Update on IL
    Baby:
    Take Baby for walk
    Morning feed
    Bath
    Others:
    Fix Baby monitor Temporarily at least.

There are a few grey zones...once I get comfortably into the routine of cooking and cleaning without a hassle, I should make time for some exercise as well. Hmmm.

4. Bubbles

Bubbles Silver IL'ite

Nobody else in IL has a similar goal???? :(

5. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi bubbles :)

Congrats on becoming a mother :)

I am a mom of two, but my girls are in school now, one in secondary and one in primary :)

I know the pains of maintaining the home with a little one, but it will be ok after a while. Do your best and don't get stressed, you are doing great :thumbsup:

Best Wishes !

sindmani likes this.
  6. Bubbles

Bubbles Silver IL'ite

:)yaaay! Thank you for your reply and encouragement.. I was just going to log my not-so-great day, but your post lifted my spirits!:grimacing:
    Have a great day! :flowers:

7. Bubbles

Bubbles Silver IL'ite

Yesterday's plan update:
    Not very productive yesterday...everything got late as well. Baby didn't sleep until after several false starts, so the day went in rocking her and trying to make her sleep, and then playing with her for 10 minutes until she yawns again. Repeat. Over and over again.

Its frustrating when people think that you have it easy, while husband has to go to work.
    I don't want to complain or say that it's tough, but it is definitely tiring. And the house being the way it is, is NOT because I am lazy or disorganised. Sigh. :( I should probably just ignore such sentiments, stop seeking validation for what I do yada yada yada:hmmm: Hmmmm..today is another day.

Last edited: May 6, 2016
    AkilaMani likes this.
  8. Vaikuntha

Vaikuntha Platinum IL'ite

Hang in there dear Bubbles.

Please plan an alternate day walk with baby in stroller, around the block or in park, slow leisurely walk.

Looks like you are a go getter, driven mom. Things/ goals/ impediments in your way, all will be in fluid state with young baby.

We hear you! Days can be so tiring with young baby, especially one who decides not to nap.
    Nap is the cherished mom-timeout.

You are so positive, just to read posts is inspiring!

9. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Bubbles,

Love your name :)
    Every day is a new day with new experiences although they all seem the same, so enjoy them for what they are and don't even waste your time on thinking how others are judging you. It is not your business to worry about what someone is thinking about. It is their thought, they are entitled to it, it need not make you sad.

You are doing so well, you are making a list and trying to do whatever you can. I am so energized just reading your list. So give yourself some grace, smile, and take a break with some coffee when the little one is sleeping, and nap if possible with her. Don't burn yourself out either through overworking or by overthinking about others judgement.

Have a blessed day!

10. Bubbles

Bubbles Silver IL'ite

@hermitcrab @AkilaMani Thank you..I'm lapping up all the empathy...:biggrin: @hermitcrab I'm surprised that you got me right:grimacing: Alternate day walks is much more doable, you're right!
    I need to make this my mantra, everyday, as I wake up in the morning.:smash2: Part of the motive for this thread has been self doubt, a gnawing that maybe I'm being too lax, maybe everyone else does better with a baby, maybe the silent criticism is actually valid... What a relief it is to be reassured that this is normal!

The weekend was not what I'd planned, but busy.
    Saturday I got an unexpected break from cooking:banana::banana: So used the time to clean up the kitchen. Sweeped the floor, dusted the mats, cleaned the sink, made the stove sparkle :biggrin: (yeah yeah I'm bragging now) and made the kitchen look good again. (It was messy again by the next day, sigh. These are times you wish you had a magic wand.)
    Thanks to my sweet little napper. Went to the Park with H. & baby in the evening, whose eyes popped out in wonder at the things around!:hearteyes:

Sunday went bad. Baby woke up at 5:30am, and didn't go back to sleep, and I was groggy, couldn't cook on time running behind Baby's feeds. H. ended up making his own breakfast at 12(!) and eating a quarter-cooked lunch at 2pm:persevere: Not my fault, I know, but still... Baby didn't eat properly in the morning, H. got upset about baby's cough..And I started getting cranky over stuff I'd promised myself to ignore. All the worse for being Mother's Day:cry: my first.:shakehead: Finally got a hold on myself, and the day ended a little bit better than how it started. H. is nice in that way, that he feeds himself under dire situations, but it would be nice if I could feel secure that he would do that before the very last possible minute.
    So here I am, Monday morning..and egged on by IL, to make this day beautiful.. (wow what a long rant this has become!!)

Vaikuntha and AkilaMani like this.