1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Reduce fat in Upper arms

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Kruba_Arunan, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Kruba_Arunan

Kruba_Arunan New IL'ite

Dear friends,

My weight is ok, I am able to control it, my hips and tummy too are just average, not a big problem. But the biggest problem i face is my upper arm. It is too fat, and looks very much out of proportion compared to my lower arms. Can anyone suggest me some way of reducing the upper arm size.

I am taking oats for breakfast and a simple meal in the afternoon and at night. Diet plans are quite effective for my whole body, except the upper arms.

Any simple exercises? or any other suggestions? Pls reply:confused2:

2. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi kruba,
    Try doing dumbbell exercises for biceps and triceps. also you can do some asanas which are for reducing fat in upper arms. I dont remember them,will get back to you tomorrow meanwhile try googling for some simple exercises. Dumbbell triceps kickbacks and tricep extensions do wonderful changes to your arms.

3. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

4. LakshmiMohan

LakshmiMohan Gold IL'ite

Hey friends,

Can you please explain about the yoga steps or excercise deeply.Now I am doing turn around hands excercise to reduce arm size.I will just turn it around 75 times each or together on both sides.

5. aashi1983

aashi1983 Senior IL'ite

hey Laxmi,

Same pinch... i too have the same problem Ugly fat upper arms...

I have recently joined a gym & doing diff excersizes as kick bosing & Tai chi have heared kick boxing do help in toning arms.. since i have joined recently doesn't have much to share the results...

I just keep doing some hand excersize hope it helps.. will share if i see some good results... do let me know if you find something useful..

thanks
    Aashi..

6. LakshmiMohan

LakshmiMohan Gold IL'ite

Aashi,

Turning around hands initially gives good results :thumbsup,but after a point it is not reducing :bang.Dont know why.So searching for that...If I get to know anything I will let you know...

7. zingy

zingy Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Can some one tell what is turn around exerecise.
    I have flabby upper arms . I want to tone them

8. LakshmiMohan

LakshmiMohan Gold IL'ite

Stretch your right hand to right hand side and left hand to left hand side.Just turn it round thats it,simple

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

i find this very useful. i use a small bottle of water as i am not allowed to lift weights you could use dumbbells - say 1kg.

raise you hand upwards. your hand should be symmetric to your ear.

bend your hand back almost like touching the back of the neck. you will feel the pressure in your upper arms, if you are doing it right and not just doing it. i do this exercise for my tennis elbow. and my physio therapist says that when you work it against the resistance, you will reduce the flab too...

Last edited: Jun 29, 2010
  10. Kruba_Arunan

Kruba_Arunan New IL'ite

Thanks a lot :) , will start all these exercises and revert back. Meanwhile can someone suggest the yogasanas that can be possibly used?