1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Ready Made Mixes

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by Anandchitra, Aug 16, 2007.

1. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Hello All
    Though I am a fan of traditional cooking, a hectic lifestyle makes me take advantage of ready made mixes. I am hoping to find out if anyone has tried any or any one brand is popular.
    The place I live in does not have a big indian/asain grocery shop so during my visits to bigger cities I am always surprised with the number of products flooding the market.
    I have tried MTR and GITS but little hesitant to try the ready made pulaos or ready made avial etc.
    Any feedbacks ??
    Regards
    anandchitra

2. yamusarna

yamusarna Silver IL'ite

Hi Anand Chitra,

Both MTR and Gits are good.
    I have tried both.In MTR you might want to add some salt in a few dishes like veg kurma...

But also to caution you, their nutritional value might be less than the fresh food and they may have food preservatives.

At the same time, they are a good alternative, when you are too tired to cook.

Have Fun!!!

Yamuna.

3. jaishree9

jaishree9 Silver IL'ite

Hi anandchitra
    I have found MTR quite good specially Idli ,Dausa both Rawa & plain . IdLi mix is specially good for a quick cooking. Vegitables are but if u use fresh than their nutritional content wud be more good.
    Jaishree9

4. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Its nice to read others experience with readymade products. I have never tried any vegetable dishes. I was actually wondering about the slew of products that have flooded the market. almost everything nowadays can be bougt in a box.
    I also try some mexican or italian dishes from spices bought.

5. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear chitra,
    my friend in UK nalini suggested parampara, she recommends this for our indian cuisine, though my son in law giri finds it a little expensive, you can give it a shot, sometimes we need the authentic taste which is more important, and should be able to fulfill our requirements...sunkan