1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Problem in cleaning the bathroom

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by Pratts, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Pratts

Pratts Senior IL'ite

Hi all,

I am not sure if this is really the right place to post my thread. Plz excuse if at all am wrong.
    My mom faces problem in cleaning the bathroom in India. We get salt water atleast 3 days a week. However my mom cleans the bathroom it never looks clean. All the taps, shower and hand shower appear white in color cos of salt water. She really puts so much effort but it again looks as though the bathroom is not cleaned for years together.
    Any solution for this is of much help to me. I suggested Easy of Bang solution,unfortunately now a days they dnt get it.
    Any tips in this regard is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hemathyana likes this.

2. kpowerinfinity

kpowerinfinity New IL'ite

I am also looking for this if somebody knows.

Hemathyana likes this.
  3. Keet

Keet Silver IL'ite

Install a water softer.

Hemathyana likes this.
  4. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

HI,
    This hard water problem is there in most cities in india. I'm from Bangalore and facing the same problem here. However, some things have worked for me to maintain my bathroom clean.
    For tiles and bathroom floors, ceramic bowls, toilets - almost everything i spread
    harpic or Domex solution, and leave it for an hour or so. Then scrub all surfaces after sprinkling water , with steel scrubbers(big ones). You need to use a proper hand glove for this, as harpic can be very harsh on direct hands. Even steel taps and other fittings can be cleaned with harpic solution but it should not be left to soak, as it can corrode the metal. Expect this will help.

Hemathyana likes this.
  5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

oh the bathroom woes are permanent with hard water and water shortage and more.

i have a 365 days hard water and i do have my toilet clean and shining..it takes a lot of effort but there is no short cut. clean regularly. do not allow soap suds or dirt to stay back. run water and clean it off imediately.

there is cleaner from modicare and also a brand called bal endura. not too heavy chemicals like acid. in bal endura you get cp fittings cleaner that really shines your taps and faucets, and tiles cleaner to remove the lime scales.

and do take a little bit of coconut water on a soft cloth and rub the pipes, taps , tiles and faucet. works like magic..i don't use this on the my floor tiles..but on the wall tiles..
    CP Fittings & Sanitary Cleaner - CP Fittings & Sanitary Cleaner Exporter, Manufacturer, Distributor, Supplier, Trading Company, Bengaluru, India

Heavy Duty Tile Cleaner - Heavy Duty Tile Cleaner Exporter, Manufacturer, Distributor, Supplier, Trading Company, Bengaluru, India

https://www.modicare.com/product-details.aspx?Cat=1v8wwWQ2mY4=&Prd=C34MMsh6coY=

I use bal endura available in most of the tiles/ceramic stores once a week/15 days. other days, i just use our regular vinegar to clean them.

6. Pratts

Pratts Senior IL'ite

Hi all,
    Thanks for the pointers...

7. seeabitha

seeabitha Bronze IL'ite

Shanvy,

Can we clean the tap fittings with White distilled vinegar directly or should we have to mix with water ?

Also I use distilled vinegar is it ok?

Hemathyana likes this.
  8. sophiedjenko

sophiedjenko Senior IL'ite

A commonly found problem in most bathrooms is dirt or foreign particles collecting on the floor. More often than not it leads to the discolouration of the bathroom. Most commercially available cleaners are quite effective but face some difficulties when it comes to getting rid of these stubborn marks. Like you said, no matter how your mother scrubs the bathroom, the marks never seem to go away. Something which has worked for me is Roff Cera Clean which is a high-quality cleaning and degreasing solution. Just apply the solution on the required surface and clean with a soft brush. Worked wonders for me, you should definitely try it!

Hemathyana, muthuswathi and shobhamma like this.
  9. ashwinn

ashwinn Senior IL'ite

Apply soda and try it wear glows when u use

10. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

For taps and other fittings....just rub lemon juice on them.Leave for 1-2 hrs...then scrub of using dishwash liquid .
    I use the lemon skins I have left over after making neembu pani. The steel taps shine for a few days. I do it once in 15-30 days.

Hemathyana, muthuswathi and shobhamma like this.