Please Suggest Best Divorce Lawyer In Usa

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by EagerForInfo, Jan 7, 2023.

1. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

Anywhere in usa is fine as long as they will help me and make me win with custody of kids.

2. lavani

lavani Platinum IL'ite

Where are you located. Divorce lawyers work by local city or state jurisdictions. a lawyer from texas cannot just like that fight your case in california.

Before you run to lawyer take few weeks , prepare. documentation of being better parent, better adult. abusive taken. then go ahead.

do not just go best lawyer. this is not indian cinema. they can bankrupt you. if you are in NJ i can suggest good one. you can send personal mail.

chanchitra likes this.
  3. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

4. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

If you have an acrimonious divorce then just be aware that you will pay a crazy amount of money to the lawyers, with no guarantee that you will get your desired outcome.
    Be well-prepared when you meet with any lawyer. Their time is your money, every minute of it. Have all your information ready and don’t treat them as your friend or therapist.
    Go in with your eyes open.

5. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

Its not easy to get full custody in USA. So consult an attorney.One of my acquintance got info of divorce lawyers from her therapist. Finally, consulted an attorney. He said, once you decide it, its better to go for mutual D, fast way. That can be done for 1-2K or less. But both should reach an agreement. But if one go contested it starts at 3.5K or more. They charge $250 or more per hour( migh have increased, not sure about current rates). He said, some women go to extreme extent to prove husband wrong in court, but ended up loosing money to attorneys. The attorneys can help with private detectives or collecting evidence but its money.I feel you should be practical, Google or find a few attorneys in your area and go for consultation, discuss your problems, do all homework, understand laws and then decide what to do next. Dont reveal anything to husband, as some can hide money somewhere or even backfire in other ways. Reveal only when you are ready for the next step. Educate yourself on how to prepare.

6. lavani

lavani Platinum IL'ite

Check this post. the male here posted decent logical approach.

What Are The Steps To Take For Divorce

remember you have to build your case. be discreet.

go to avvo.com your location find lawyers. do not get emotional. try to close out of court . court litigations are too expensive.

yes you can file domestic abuse and get a restraining order. but understand , read before doing anything.

7. lavani

lavani Platinum IL'ite

250 is nothing. my friend in nj got charged 500 per hr. we advised her to think like a business, give something take something. it closed with total 5k .otherwise court could easily burnt around 15 to 20 $

8. lavani

lavani Platinum IL'ite

OP, hope this helps. my friend shared this to me before filing against court.

Attached Files:

EagerForInfo and chanchitra like this.
  9. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

I am just thinking after divorce will we have to share children ? Already he fed the kids pounds and pounds of ice cream. Do we have to talk after divorce ? He already interferes in everything I do . How can I prevent the narcisst from following me around and the kids . I wish he would die instead. And I don’t want his family interfering too

10. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Did you talk to a lawyer or are you just playing 50 questions?

chanchitra likes this.