1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Pilates

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by sweety, Dec 19, 2007.

1. sweety

sweety New IL'ite

Hello friends

Can u pls say me abt pilates. Does it going to reduce butts and thighs?

To reduce butts and thighs which is the best?

Thank you.

2. Sujimallige

Sujimallige Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sweety,

I dont know anything abt pilates, but from ur post i gather that u want to reduce ur butt and thighs.
    Climbing (step up,step down) steps is the best way of reducing ur butt and thighs and trimming.
    Pls research abt this on web and do ask ur doctor abt ur heart conditions before starting on this exercise.But this helps for sure in reducing the fat on the areas.

Suji

3. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

Hi Sweety - I am doing Pilates for about a month now - I go to a class for this. It is an overall body toning routine. It is important that you do it correctly otherwise it is not effective. Are you planning to join a class? If so, talk to instructor to make sure you are doing it correctly. I also do cardio execises - this helps build lean muscle and burn fat. I see a difference in my flexibility and core strength. Do research online - they is a lot of information available on Pilates.

4. sweety

sweety New IL'ite

Hey Suji & Shobana

Thankyou for ur immediate replies. I have joined a fitness center recently. I just attended the cycling class and kick box cardio class. I never tried pilates. i have to give it a try. I will try steps too.

The more u sweat, the more u shine.

5. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

Hi Sweety - did you take the 1 hr cycling class with the instructor? I just love it - I do that twice a week. It is an amazing workout. If they offer that class in your gym, definitely give it a try!

6. geevee68

geevee68 Platinum IL'ite

Yes,pilates does not reduce your butts & thighs.But it helps in firming up & shapes them well.You get to build firm butts & thighs & helps in toning your tummy too.