1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Passionate Abt Gardening

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by Supri, May 22, 2013.

1. Supri

Supri Silver IL'ite

Thank You Rakhii!!

2. Supri

Supri Silver IL'ite

Thank You Nirmala!!

3. Supri

Supri Silver IL'ite

Hi Annam,

Thanx.....for the kind words....and I am glad to get to know another avid gardner in the UAE. To behonest I have jsut started with veges......though I have been working on a mint plant for sometime now...it has taken off alright....so has the curry leaf plant. I have sowed red spinach, capsicum, tomato, okra and brinjal...and they have all sprouted and seem to be doing well right now......just have to wait and see and as you say keep our fingers crossed. Yes...until we get to know the cause and effect of the temperature on each plant it will take some time....but as you say a geen balcony is such an anti depressant and as one of my pals tells me ...a paradise in the desert.

1 person likes this.
  4. dashami

dashami Silver IL'ite

Thanks Supri, You are definitely so useful!! Please share the tips for balcony plants too. Do you grow them seeds or buy plants

5. Supri

Supri Silver IL'ite

Hello Murphybaby,

Thanks for your appreciation and good wishes.

6. Supri

Supri Silver IL'ite

Hi Priyashyam,

Thanx......I have answered Dashmi's Q, about indoor plants. As for outdoor plants.....If you have a sunny balcony bougenvillae is a great plant to have. Creeping daisies, ixora, hisbiscus, vinca, purple heart etc are great annual plants to have. If you like to play around with seasonals petunias are a great choice and they come in vibrant colors. I bought my petunias plants in November but they r available from October onwards....and I still have them blooming. Just remember not to over water the plants but make sure that the soil is always damp...All the best and hope to see pics of your blooming garden soon....

7. Supri

Supri Silver IL'ite

Hi Dashmi,

Pls check my answer to Priyashyam as to what plants I have grown in my balcony...I have grown Vada malli from seeds and now I am trying petunias...they have sprouted...so let's see how they go. I have also started a little vege garden...with red spinach,ladies finge, brinjal, capsicum and tomatoes...they have all sprouted......but that's just the beginning...let's see if they flower and bear fruit......I found that April and May are good months to sow seeds....

8. homemaker

homemaker Platinum IL'ite

hey supri sooo many good tips from your side....Even i do the mistake of overwatering the plants,as evryone here says its necessary to water the plants daily 2 times ..but whenever i pour water,its coming out of the plate and make the balcony a total messy...now i undertsood what i should do...

But the leaves sometimes look sooo dull and unhealthy...is there any reason or how to avoid it??I do put fertilisers once in 3 weeks..

1 person likes this.
  9. kalaipriya

kalaipriya Platinum IL'ite

Lovely indoor garden.

1 person likes this.
  10. Supri

Supri Silver IL'ite

Thanx Kalaipriya,
    This is my balcony garden....:))