1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Panchagavya for my rose plants!

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by sujja, Aug 12, 2013.

1. sujja

sujja New IL'ite

Hai, i am a horticulturist living in coonoor. very much interested in gardening and I would like to share the experience of spraying the garden plants with panchagavya. you have to use it to believe it my rose plants had powdery mildew but after using this new leaves were healthy and flowers were big in size.i make this panchagavya at home now started selling also:):)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2013

2. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

Hi, can u share the procedure to make the panchagavya

andal

3. sujja

sujja New IL'ite

Panchakavya
    Panchagavya, an organic product has the potential to play the role of promoting growth and providing immunity in plant system. Panchagavya consists of nine products viz. cow dung, cow urine, milk, curd, jaggery, ghee, banana, Tender coconut and water. When suitably mixed and used, these have miraculous effects.
    • Cow dung - 7 kg​
    • Cow ghee - 1 kg​
    Mix the above two ingredients thoroughly both in morning and evening hours and keep it for 3 days
    • Cow Urine - 10 liters​
    • Water - 10 liters​
    After 3 days mix cow urine and water and keep it for 15 days with regular mixing both in morning and evening hours. After 15 days mix the following and panchagavya will be ready after 30 days.
    • Cow milk - 3 liters​
    • Cow curd - 2 liters​
    • Tender coconut water - 3 liters ​
    • Jaggery - 3 kg ​
    • Well ripened poovan banana – 12 nos.Preparation All the above items can be added to a wide mouthed mud pot, concrete tank or plastic can as per the above order. The container should be kept open under shade. The content is to be stirred twice a day both in morning and evening. The Panchagavya stock solution will be ready after 30 days. (Care should be taken not to mix buffalo products. The products of local breeds of cow is said to have potency than exotic breeds). It should be kept in the shade and covered with a wire mesh or plastic mosquito net to prevent houseflies from laying eggs and the formation of maggots in the solution. If sugarcane juice is not available add 500 g of jaggery dissolved in 3 liter of water