1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Liked anything that you read here? You may nominate it as the Finest Posts!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

No weight loss at all after delivery

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Saiban, Mar 7, 2010.

1. Saiban

Saiban New IL'ite

Hi All,
    I gained a total of 12kgs during my pregnancy and I delivered my baby gal on Nov 2009 and lost some 7 kgs on the D-Day after a c-section, ever since I have been Breastfeeding my baby (and ppl say u lose weight while BF) and having a healthy diet...but I have not lost even a single kilo since then. I have been exercising in the gym and burning up 300 calories for about 15 days now and yet no use.... I was hypothroid during my pregnancy, I am wondering if that could be the reason...or could it be anything else.. FYI..I have not had my periods yet.

2. sansmomy

sansmomy Bronze IL'ite

hi,
    I am also in the same situation...My baby is 6 months old...I used to be quite thin all these years (around 46 to 48 kgs) and then gained almost 20.5 kgs during pregnancy...After a natural delivery, i weighed around 60 (during the first month after delivery)...Last week, i checked again and I have come down to 54 kgs...I never went to gym or did any specific exercises...However, i used to do most household work..Now, I have returned back to office work and fear that it'll make me more fat (Most of my work is in front of a computer)...:(

Dunno what to do....The funniest thing is that i am in a double trouble which is very contradictory and ironic....I am worried coz my baby is not gaining proper weight an at the same time I myself am not loosing weight :):)

It feels very bad when i cant fit into my pre-pregnancy tees, tops and jeans :( I cant spare any time for exercise (My job duties are for almost 13-14 hrs a day and then I need to take care of the baby too)...However, I have always been a healthy eater (more of fruit and salad eater) and have continued on that diet....hope it helps...

Well, I have no idea of how to reduce the weight...I just wrote down my story to let you know that you are not alone....all the best!

PS: Somebody told me that drinking warm water with a spoon of honey early in the mroning helps reducing extra fat in the body....I havent tried it yet, but looks like a harmless remedy to me...worth giving a try...

~s.

3. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear Ladies,

please join us on this thread
    Weight Loss Buddy you wil find a lot of women who have lost weight pregnancy and they will be able to guide you.
    looking forward to seeing you at the weight loss buddy thread.
    love
    alpa:cheers

4. preethignan

preethignan Senior IL'ite

hi ladies,my daughter is 17 months old.i put on 20 kgs after my delivery.now i have reduced 15 kgs and still only 5 more to go.once u stop feeding ur baby ur weight will come down gradually.till that its very difficult to lose weight no matter watever u do.try working out simple exercises at home. if u dont have time to work out u can walk inside ur home itself.if u r an office goer avoid using lifts in office and try to climb d stairs.it really helps.some physical activity is needed to reduce ur weight,i think u might not have stopped feeding ur baby,since he/she is only 6 months old.dont worry.its easy to reduce weight.

5. aditibose78

aditibose78 Silver IL'ite

6. vanithasekar

vanithasekar Gold IL'ite

hi,

if u r hypothyroid, that may be the culprit if your wt gain.. pls check