1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Need Suggestions On Buying A Steam Cleaner

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by abc00, Mar 8, 2021.

1. Flyhigher

Flyhigher Gold IL'ite

In few Bissell video ads have seen men

2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

You purchased the Bissell 2685A, right? Looks like it is not detachable. Is this an issue when cleaning windows or a raised surface like kitchen counter top grout?

Costco has this Dupray model for $240: HOME™ Steam Cleaner
    Do you happen to know without looking too deeply into them - how is the Dupray one different from the Bissell one?

Your inputs are helpful and save browsing time, Flyhigher. Thanks.

Suddenly I am seeing dust on all baseboards around me. LOL. : )

Flyhigher likes this.
  3. abc00

abc00 Gold IL'ite

Oh yes ! Baseboards how did I forget ? I'm done with the static duster cleaning and now want to switch to easy/effortless cleaning esp kitchen, bathroom and blinds.

4. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

And the white bathroom doors. The side that gets the moisture due to hot shower water has more gunk sticking to it than we realize. Especially the top 15 inches that are above the eye level and along the rectangular patterns.

door.jpg

5. Flyhigher

Flyhigher Gold IL'ite

Leaving the main steaming unit everything comes off, wand can be removed and attach different tools. Window cleaning wise it does great job, but my only complaints are it starts feels heavy after sometime and need to hold the trigger all the time. To clean grout I mostly remove the wand/stick and attach the grout cleaning brush directly.

Sorry I have no idea about Costco's Dupray. I haven't used those kind of model. Mostly mine are smaller units.

Rihana likes this.
  6. abc00

abc00 Gold IL'ite

I have been using magic eraser for the doors in that pic...but need a break from that !

Rihana likes this.
  7. Flyhigher

Flyhigher Gold IL'ite

I just use towel and all purpose cleaner. Since I clean clean every week it makes easy to clean.

I have my friends using steam cleaner for based boards. But I won’t suggest it unless it is moisture resistant material.

Rihana likes this.
  8. abc00

abc00 Gold IL'ite

Yeah that's a good point to check about the base boards if they are moisture resistant.

I found this video useful :

Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
    Rihana and Flyhigher like this.
  9. Flyhigher

Flyhigher Gold IL'ite

This video has few great tips. Thanks for sharing.
    Few cautious tips steam cleaners are not recommended for Faux wood/wood blinds, black stainless appliances surface as the coating/filament might get damage, before using it on the cabinets check with the cabinet manufacture, understand the material or cleaning instructions few cabinet surface coating won't withstand steam temperature, the same goes for furniture check the cleaning codes and instructions with manufacture/user manual in order to cover under warranty.

abc00 and Rihana like this.
  10. Flyhigher

Flyhigher Gold IL'ite

Sorry I missed to mention the model which I have.
    Yes I have this 2685. There is not much different with other model 2075 except color, price, and few extra accessories.

This is my observation on Dupray has bigger water tank capacity than Bissell, adjustable steam settings, I liked that actual main tank/functioning unit it different from steam hose and comes with flexible pipe , reaching smaller congested steam hose looks easy and light weight to use.

Rihana likes this.