1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Need suggestion to gain weight

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by himsini, Jan 8, 2007.

1. SubhaD

SubhaD New IL'ite

Hello Himsini
    Take equal quantities of black til [sesame seeds] and black urad dhal. Clean them of stones, etc. Fry them separately in a pan, without adding oil. Fry a few red chillies [ acc. to your taste]. When cool, grind all together. Add salt to taste. Store in a container. Take 2-3 tsps of this powder along with til oil with rice or idli, dosai, etc.
    I tried this and gained 2 kgs. There is a saying in tamil - elachavanukku ellu, kozuththavanukku kollu - meaning, til for the thin person and horsegram for the fat person.
    However, as the others have said, count your blessings - losing weight is very difficult. I've known of many relatives and friends who, in spite of going on diets, doing yoga, exercises, etc. find it extremely tough to lose even a kilo. and of course, they have all the related problems due to excess weight - shortness of breath, joint pains, lethargy, etc.
    Regards,
    SubhaD

2. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Hi,

Try this: 1cup Thick curd with 1 tsp of sugar...after meals.

Actually one of my collegue cum friend was very skinny, which was creating a problem for her to get good matches for her.She started doing this 1 month, she has gained some 2 kgs in a month...

Now i got married and recently delivered a boy baby too...\

Regards,
    usha

3. rmetla

rmetla New IL'ite

Its really nice to see all these posts, I have the same problem, but my problem is just with my arms and hips, they look so lean compared to my stomach, and I am a bit scared if I eat this stuff would fatten my stomach instead of arms and hips.

I just want to concentrate on my shoulders, arms and thighs with being my stomach flat. Any suggestions for this?

I do excersice regularly, 2-3 cardio classes and 2 yoga classes per weak. I am also getting married in November and everyone tells me that I look so thin and would have to improve untill marriage. I would want to look healthy but not fat. Can anyone suggest me any diet plan for this. Thanks a lot.

4. MrignayniBansal

MrignayniBansal Senior IL'ite

Hi ,

I was very thin before my marriage.Everyone was worried how will saree suit me.
    I applied three formulaes-

1)Then My naniji told me to have one ayurvedic medicine-Asvagandha
    And you know what it worked.

2) I ate milk with banana a lot.

3) every mornig I use to drink milk with 1-2 teaspoons of honey.

Now I am neither fat nor thin.
    So Don't worry ,Only try-try-try

5. rmetla

rmetla New IL'ite

Thanks a lot for all your suggestions. I am glad I found this website, this is the only site where I got such prompt responses. I would surely try all of these tips.

Thanks once again.

6. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Gokusha,

good post. but one doubt , are you telling about your friend or about yourself?Big Laugh

Started with some friend and ended up with self story?mmmmmmmmm.......

7. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi metla,

Welcome to this site and this thread. we are all fighting with our weight and you want to increase the same? mmm.....

Just kidding dear. First Congrats for your Marriage.

My personal advice is you just join a gym and ask the master. Actually he / she will help you in this. Because they are Professionals and they will give good advice regarding shoulders and arms. ok ya?

General things I can tell you. have fruits and raw veg. more in your diet. that will help your skin glow. have lots of water. Keep your mind free.

you can take banana, mango, apple etc., can have dates and dry fruits also. Hope this will help you.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2008
  8. rmetla

rmetla New IL'ite

Thanks a lot for your response. yeah surely will try that. I do go to cardio and yoga classes weekly. I guess it is time for me to have a personal trainer to get my body in a correct shape as you said.

Also, I will try to maintain daily diet as you all mentioned. Thanks a lot for all your advices once again.

9. lalithanivas

lalithanivas Gold IL'ite

hi
    just u need to eat daily a banana with milk in the morning.while ur dinner at night eat a banana with curd rice.this will definitely work.

10. lifeisbeautiful

lifeisbeautiful New IL'ite

you must be everyones envy. dont worry abt it if your healthy & energetic. eat a lot of rich food, relax, keep ur mind calm.