1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

My garden Flowers

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by manjumnair, Sep 2, 2007.

1. priya24

priya24 New IL'ite

Hi Manju,

I bought a few plants this weekend .. I'm attaching the photos.

The hibiscus you see in the photo actually bloomed the day after we bought it .. such a beautiful sight to see on a Monday morning! Planning to get a few more plants this weekend ..

I read in your post that you were planning to have Tulasi and Rose. Both plants do well in Madras weather. But Rose will require a lot of care. Jasmine and Kanagambaram also grow well in Madras. Let me know how your garden pans out .. :2thumbsup:

luv,
    Priya.

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  2. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Alivelu,

Your Bramhakamalams are rather unusual looking flowers. When we moved here and got our house, the previous owners left a huge indoor plant which looks very similar to the one in your photo. We did not know what it was and just tended to it. To our surprise, suddenly one day we see a flower blooming. The flower too looked somewhat similar to the ones in the photo. After attaining the full bloom, it whithered away just as fast ! And for the two years, we had atleast 6 to 10flowers per season. Then we moved and I could not leave the plant behind and brought it with me. Though it is in a sunny place even now, it did not bear any flowers this past one year. I check it every now and then hoping it will surprise us again...
    A friend of mine told me that it is called "Nishigandha" ! The name sounds very classy and romantic and so does "Bramhakamalam" . :)

L, Kamla

Last edited: Sep 11, 2007
  3. manjumnair

manjumnair Silver IL'ite

Hi Priya,

Thank you for sharing your new plants pictures with us... The Hibiscus looks so fresh and lovely. I loved that colour...

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

You have to use rose food (some fertilisers for rose) that is available in nurseries.. and also check for infections on the stems..i think if there are apply a paste of blue copper...available again in nurseries...

and just without hurting the plant...using a thin stick just mix the top soil....

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi priya,

The colors are reall riot and feast to the eye......right now madras weather is not predictable..

6. alivelu

alivelu Senior IL'ite

hi priya,

The flowers and colours are really fantastic. we are also having same colour hibiscus. we tried Jerberas (double petaled) so many times. It is very difficult to get flowers in hyd.

Alivelu:2thumbsup:

7. alivelu

alivelu Senior IL'ite

Dear Kamala,

The plant u r having may be the same plant. It starts blooming from night 10 pm and withers for the morning. But if the flowers bloom it is such a feast to eyes. Some of my malayalee friends told that it is called Nishagandhi. It can be propogated by inserting a leaf in the soil. I am attaching some more flowers from our garden.

All garden lovers please send ur garden flowers so that we all can enjoy.

love
    Alivelu:clap

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  8. manjumnair

manjumnair Silver IL'ite

Dear Alivelu,

Those flowers in your garden are really beautiful. Thanks for posting...:2thumbsup:

9. slp807

slp807 Bronze IL'ite

Dear Alivelu,

your flowers are so beautiful, i love pink roses a lot
    will visit your garden when i am in hyd for sure :) where in hyd do u stay???

10. madhu11

madhu11 Bronze IL'ite

hi Alivelu,
    Loved looking at ur flowers. :thankyou2: for posting.