1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

My garden Flowers

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by manjumnair, Sep 2, 2007.

1. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Manju,
    Your garden is a feast to the eyes. Keep it up!
    sriniketan

2. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

Manju,

What a beautiful garden you have! I did not know that Hydrangeas grow in Chennai. And so many varieties of Ixora! :clap :clap :clap :clap

3. madhu11

madhu11 Bronze IL'ite

Dear Manju,
    Like sunkan said ur garden is a bhrindavan. Its a feast to look at all the flowers. Did you see My vegetable garden thread? Where I posted some of
    my flowers there. I loved all your flowers. Feel like coming there and staying
    there in the garden.
    :clap :clap :clap

4. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

manju
    your garden is a feast to my parched eyes. thank you so much for sharing here. do you maintain by yourself or do you get help?
    regards
    anandchitra

5. padmamadhavan

padmamadhavan New IL'ite

hi manju,

Your flower garden is fantastic. I enjoyed each and every picture u posted.Thanks for sharing.

6. naazneen

naazneen Junior IL'ite

Dear Manju,
    the flowers look soo good. All of a sudden I feel homesick. Have grown up with bogainvillas and red shoeflowers! and the little white flowers that smell so good. I used to place one between my fingers and imagine it to be a beautiful ring. :)
    I'm sure you spend alot of time caring for them. :clap
    ~ Naazneen

7. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

Dear Manju,

just checked your posts now and you seem to have a beautiful collection of flowering plants.

you've posted 5 photos in the 6th post of this thread, the first one looks very interesting, the white flower. Is it possible to give me the name of this one????
    I'm interested in knowing the name of this one flower.
    thanks in advance.

I too love greenery and flowers around - my garden tooo have a few colorful flowers. it's a beautiful feeling to see flowers and greenery around.

Love,

8. manjumnair

manjumnair Silver IL'ite

Hi all,

Thank you for all your compliments. Even I miss my garden now... :-( I came to Chennai one year back only. I was in Kerala for the past 3 years. The pictures I posted are from our home garden in Kerala. It was very good to be there. I am not able to build a garden here in Chennai, due to lack of space. In future, I am planning for one... I love flowers a lot..

Now my garden is maintained by my aunt, who stays in our place. She also takes care of the plants very well. When ever we go to Kerala, I take pictures of all those beautiful flowers.

Anyway, :thankyou2: all for visiting this thread.

9. manjumnair

manjumnair Silver IL'ite

Hi Meena,

The flower you mentioned is not a garden flower. That is the flower of some vegetable plant. I don't remember which one. I remember it as a very small flower. My husband zoomed the camera and took that picture. Even I love that one..:)

10. manjumnair

manjumnair Silver IL'ite

Hello Madhu,

I visited the thread My vegetable garden andsaw all your flowers there. I love Kanakambaram. But that does not grow well in my garden in Kerala. I had tried planting them many times. But none of them came out well. Do I need to do anything special for planting Kanakambaram.

I started gardening for time pass only. Whereever I go, I used to collect plants and plant them in the garden. But now I am not able to do that here in Chennai. :frown: