1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Mom of 19 months old - need ur kind help in reducing pregnancy belly

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Achuma, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Achuma

Achuma New IL'ite

Dear frenz,

Am a mom of 19 months old. I have reached my pre pregnancy weight in 1 yr after delivery. But my belly still in same size. hate going for family functions , all r asking whether 2nd pregnancy. Please kindly give tips to reduce my air pouch belly.

Thanks,
    Ashmi

2. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Ashmi,
    After my first child I had to lose 5-6lbs below pre pregnancy weight to lose my pouch but it went completely. I also worked out to tone out well(jazzercise class 2-3 times a week).
    Now, I'm trying to do the same the second time around. I'm still way off my pre baby weight but I'm sure I can get there since I have already done it once.
    This time, I'm having to work harder though. The belly will go last. I'm having to eat ultra clean and burn cals(Zumba, Zumba toning combination 5-6 times a week). I can see the reduction, even my friend saw it today but it is nowhere near gone. I'm 3yrs post pregnancy but I started late this time, only last may.

2 people like this.
  3. simpleMom

simpleMom Gold IL'ite

Laks09,

I have been wanting to ask you this. Do you have any super foods that keep you mentally full after a rigorous workout and handling a toddler for 5 hours? I am yet to try the sledge but looking for alternatives.

I go for run and do bit of elliptical. I sweat so much that my hair on head forms into groups of bundles. I am happy with it. Then, I have my routine with my toddler. By 10:00 PM in the night, I am so mentally(not physically) exhausted that all my exercise goes for toss and I eat a big bowl of rice or other comfort foods. Do you have any tips on how I can overcome this?

Last edited: Dec 31, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  4. Laks09

SM,
    Try tracking calories. That may discourage the night eating. I do eat a lot. I just eat healthy. I can never survive on 1200 calories diets. I eat close to 1400-1500 cals a day.

I try to get a good amount of carbs/fruits in for breakfast. I tried the slush but it was too much for me. I could get only half of it in. I stopped my breakfast shake. I'm now hooked onto refrigerated oatmeal - Overnight, No-Cook Refrigerator Oatmeal. I make it without any sweeteners. I'm not a fruity but I get some berries in with this. I also eat oranges/grapes post lunch/dinner somedays.
    Post workout, I eat a nut mix or some protien. I sometimes drink whey with milk.
    I eat a big lunch. I ensure I get enough of protien there. I've cut down on carbs for lunch. I also ensure I get enough of veggies with my lunch to keep me going.
    For dinner, I eat a smaller lunch. I do eat a lot more proteins and skimp on the carbs.
    I also get a good amount of dairy in. I drink two big cups of coffee without water or sugar(morning and evening). I get Greek yogurt, dahi, cheeses(mainly feta and strings of mozarella).
    I may eat an evening snack. This is important for you with the toddler. On days I actually sit and drink that coffee and eat a nut mix(I buy the 100 calorie packs - emerald, they have a lot of varieties) or some other small snack, I'm really fresh in the evenings.

Btw, how is your water consumption. I've noticed on days I'm low on water or protiens I'm craving sugars and fried food. I try and drink at least 9 cups a day. I do get a lot during my workouts. I finish a big Tupperware bottle for each workout.
    Are you cutting carbs out completely? I can't do that. When I do that is when my body revolts. I have to eat some carb for lunch and dinner.

4 people like this.
  5. simpleMom

simpleMom Gold IL'ite

Laks09,

Thank you for your tips. It seems like my protein intake is very less.

1 person likes this.
  6. nimmimoorthy

nimmimoorthy Platinum IL'ite

Wow Laks09, i loved the oatmeal recipes.
    Do we not have to cook the oats.

7. Laks09

Nimmi,
    Nope, I don't cook mine. It doesn't get too soggy, I hate soggy oats. This has a nice texture!

SM,
    Up your protein intake. It's a pain if you are a veggie. I'm still tracking low for protein but not as low as I used to be. Try cottage cheese, feta, milk, sprouts, nuts, nut butters(I hate peanut butter so I don't have this option), quinoa etc. try various dals, even if you are making plain dal, make it with a mix of whole masoor, moong, tur, etc instead of just one dal.

8. simpleMom

simpleMom Gold IL'ite

I am not a veggie. I like meat. For strange reasons, I end up eating meat only once or twice a week. Ideally, I would like to eat bit of meat for either lunch or dinner every day.

Mix of dals seems like a good idea. Nut butters? I have not tried any so far. Breakfast is challenging meal for me. I do not like cereals. South Indian breakfast - too much work. Only option that I know is egg, slice of bread and few nuts. Let me try the oats thing too.

9. Laks09

SM,
    Since you eat meat, try skipping the rice during dinner and eating a grilled/baked fish or chicken instead. Back in the day, baked fish was a part of my diet everyday and it showed on my energy levels and my figure. I generally had it for lunch with very little brown rice and dal. I've been a vegetarian for a long time now and am yet to find a good alternative to fish.

1 person likes this.