1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Lunch Ideas - Creating Balanced Vegetarian Meals

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Shanvy, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Deeps,
    Yummy! I'm inspired.

1 person likes this.
  2. Divyavignesh

Divyavignesh Gold IL'ite

There is a discussion going on about curd /yoghurt sounds interesting. PPL who are really health conscious (like me) can watch the bbc documentary(truth about food) it has 6 episodes and its very very informative .

And "how to be slim bbc documentary" . I am just waiting to post my recipes here.

1 person likes this.
  3. deepslikes

deepslikes Platinum IL'ite

Barley+Brown rice(+Urad dal) Dosa with sambar(leftover from yesterday), curry leaf powder(sent by my mom) and yogurt mixed with gongura pickle.
    L3.jpg

12 people like this.
  4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

deeps lovely colors bursting out of your plate..

manali, i would like to drop in with the zap of my fingers especially for those vegges..i know i know, some would be thinking i have more options..what to do the grass is greener or should i say the vegges look so vibrant on the other side..

lovely plates..

2 people like this.
  5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

damini, i forgot to reply to your query.<br><br>i find if you add more oil, and if they are well dried, they stay that way outside for 2 years too. i have kept avakkai for 3 years and tomato and amla avakkai for 2 years even in this climate. all about careful preserving. i preserve them in the traditional ceremic pickle jars..and use only spoons..and check the periodically and mix them.<br><br>and but if they have not been done well, fridge is the best place and you will have it good for 2 months too. when it is left outside in chennai climate, for a 2/3 days there is a fresh taste, later slowly the taste changes...

1 person likes this.
  6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

divya, take care of yourself, eat well..you can display all that you do even now if you want to join the fun.

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

deepslikes,

i don't know if i am right, but i remember reading somewhere, (i hesitated after seeing the fruits) but had to say. that it is better not to mix fruits and your carbs and proteins. not sure of the reason but i deduce the reason could be that carbs and proteins are digested differently than fruits..

i could be wrong..phew here i said it..

2 people like this.
  8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

jeya,

you could be right. the problem with most of us is that we have that stubborn weight that does not pay much attention to what we want it to do..rather it makes us work 200-300%even to budge. and i am sure you also understand that. it took me so many years of trial and error to make that buldge move a little.

love, we are all sharing what we have understood through that struggle just as you are saying dairy could cause bloating,maybe there is a pinch of truth. so if somebody here feels that she can give it a try will definitely give it a try. so don't get angry or agitated. and yes take it or leave it is right, but then we are all friends here albeit virtual bonded together because of that one common goal of being fit..so maybe it is difficult for them to just leave it..because most of us cannot stop eating that white sour product called curd..i love it..and if you were to give me black currant or blue berry yoghurt i will be in heaven..see !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

5 people like this.
  9. EverHappy

EverHappy Platinum IL'ite

Shanvy, can I send you some blackcurrant/blueberry yogurt to you for all the sharing you do :)

Btw, I enjoy my breakfast these days- yogurt, oats, blueberries(crushed) with flax seed powder.

10. EverHappy

EverHappy Platinum IL'ite

deeps, I love this idea of the dosa. but, probably my love for the texture of barley doesn't et me grind it at all. Again, thanks to shanvy for her barley stir fry recipe that made me experiment with barley..

1 person likes this.