1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Lunch Ideas - Creating Balanced Vegetarian Meals

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Shanvy, Dec 13, 2013.

1. parineetha

parineetha IL Hall of Fame

hellellloooooo...I'm here...there..very much everywhere :)))

Shanti Di..long story..cut short...My amma n sis family came down during the Christmas time, was super busy roaming around..loads of fun..indulged on all delicacies..added few pounds too..but after new year, everything went ulta...fell terribly sick with flu and bad cough this time..
    luckily better since amma is here n she treated with heavy antibiotics..yet not 100% OK..but I'm juggling between regular things..offc, home n some time for IL to scribble. U know what, I lost more than what I added in just 3 or 4 days :(((
    hmm..yea! my immunity is very bad..had fallen sick God knws how many times in last 4 months.. This really scares me :(((
    anyways the update is, after all that indulgence n sickly fad diets, I'm getting back to healthy stuffs again...

But I'm coming for floor walks (read thread walks) to see how n what you gals eat. hehehe..
    the savory muffins looks soo tempting..I'm gona grab one thro the screen..Ur dd has done all the justice thro her lens..terrific pics..
    And your chocolate muffins, banana cakes and tdy damini's is out of the world. the chocoholic me and my votes are always there for anything made on chocolates..Pls gals think of me when u gulp a bar...Neetu will be wagging her tongue out..lol

happy eating..heathy eating :))))

3 people like this.
  2. deepthiraj

deepthiraj Platinum IL'ite

2015-01-10 21.22.38.jpg 2015-01-10 21.23.14.jpg
    Today's Dinner:
    Pearl millet chappathi with broad beans+mochai(field beans) curry
    Soup:carrot ginger soup...

8 people like this.
  3. mahesaran

mahesaran IL Hall of Fame

deepthi, nice plate with colourful soup.

shanvy mam, I vl try the muffins in panniyaram pits..
    both of them like parota and kurma( esp the tea Kaddai (tea stall)style), I won't prepare maida parrota, but now in ID there are frozen wheat parota, other than the outside maida parity , I think this is little healthy.

2 people like this.
  4. damini

damini Gold IL'ite

Today being 27th day of tamil month Marghazhi we make Sakkara Pongal. I made it with Kudraivaali/Barnyard millet - no one can find the difference.

Attached Files:

6 people like this.
  5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@parineetha take care.and it is the weather that is playing truant these days. i have this wheeze that has been with me for months..there is a fine dust in the air, smog that hits me badly even when i am at home. so i know what you are going through. gargle a lot. have loads of water. up your vitamin c and take care.

@mahesaran i somehow do not go for these frozen unless my dh is so wishing it. i can't make these layer parotas, but have a friend who makes it so well that you will keep eating. but the amount of oil she uses, i still miss that. and i am sure you will love eating it. it was too good.

@deepthiraj lovely menu. the soup and the fieldbeans sabji..yummy.

@damini so true once you make it with the same involvement they don't mind. my husband makes kudiravali, varagu ,samai and thinai rice for his lunch on weekends and has taken to it. it is more about mind blocks. i am so happy that he has moved to this.

Today i am not posting any lunch plates. i had to take the kids for a routine medical check up and they wanted to eat outside. it is after many years i am taking them out for lunch on my own just like that. it was a gujarathi thaali, and i could not do any justice to the food but it was wonderful.. but we all had loads of fun..back to the grind from tomorrow.

4 people like this.
  6. karanu

karanu Gold IL'ite

Tried some new healthy dishes this weekend.
    Made bajra rotis with 1 cup wholewheat flour and 1/2 cup bajra flour. Was able to roll out nicely and tasted good too.
    Also made saamai sweet pongal yesterday. Tasted yummy, DH suggested that I should have added more ghee :)
    Tried kollu rasam for the first time. Didn't give it to my already-underweight DD but DH had 2 servings.

Thank you all for the motivation. Nowadays, I'm consciously thinking of alternatives and looking through recipes of other grains and pulses. The next step is to incorporate more veggies in my diet. The usual dry veg curry is always there for lunch/dinner but I don't think that meets the requirement.

1 person likes this.
  7. mathiravi

mathiravi Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi Shanvy maam,,
    How are you doing. Was a little busy these days with house and kid and could not have time. However, i always peep in to see what is going on this thread.. Wonderful recipes.

8. varhem

varhem IL Hall of Fame

shanvy,your muffins look appealing.shoould try them

9. deepthiraj

deepthiraj Platinum IL'ite

Inspired by shanvy mam n damini mam,i tried multigrain cake today in pressure cooker....with jaggery:):)last month i tried with wheat flour that was very soft...but this cake s bit hard at the top,am satisfied with taste n flavor.... :)
    2015-01-12 15.23.31.jpg

5 people like this.
  10. Priya16

Priya16 IL Hall of Fame

Thank you so much Shanvy.

I don't have it in my backyard.Planning to buy from wholefoods.Will fallow the steps.

Typically I'll not have more flare in winter.Just going on.I fallow this thread very well.So I do get see updates from you :)

Happy New Year!!!

1 person likes this.