1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Leg Pains

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Mammu2, Mar 20, 2010.

1. Mammu2

Mammu2 New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

I am from south India, 23 yrs old.I'm facing a problem with my stout legs causing much pain
    I was working in a IT company.i used to work in shifts(repeated change).Since from one year i am managing my diet too.
    Daily i am suffering with the leg pains.i can not ware heals, or hard slippers,i even can not walk for more distance, i cant stand for a long time, i cant sit in a chair continuously with my legs down.I used to keep a pillow under my legs when i am sleeping.I think my fat legs is the reason for my pain(my other body looks normal).But this is hereditary, as my grand-ma is also having the fat legs and she is also facing the leg pains.But i can say that she dont have this problem when she was young.I have few questions below.Please answer them with patience.I will accept any small help.

1. If my fat legs is my problem, what is the best way to get rid of that ?
    2. Please suggest how to reduce my legs size.if there is any yoga asana ?what happens if i stopped yoga in the middle after doing some days(is my legs become more fat which result in much more pain)?
    3. Any home remidies to reduce the pain, and be active in my daily activities ?

I am getting the pain since 2 years.I am very active in all my activities, but this is pulling me back :drowning.I dont want to be like this.i want to change.
    Please understand my problem and give me your good suggestions.Thanks to all in advance.

Warm Regards,
    Mamatha.

2. 4mangopeople

4mangopeople Silver IL'ite

Hi Mamatha

You have mentioned your age as 23 years. You should not be having leg pain for your age. Your height and weight should be taken into consideration while discussing the problem. If your job requires you to sit for long hours, you must take a break every 1 -2 hours to walk a few steps. If your legs are bulky check if it is due to water retention, check your diet and above all do you have the habit of exercising daily. Take all the above things into consideration and read my threads on water retention and the thread " do you want to fit into your old jeans in 10 days"

If you still have any doubts please reply post.

3. kinjal

kinjal Bronze IL'ite

you did not mention your height and weight.

I use to have leg pain when i put on very much weight...generally that's the indication for me that i put on lots of weight...as soon as i loose couple of kgs pain use to go away......this is just my experience...

4. Mammu2

Mammu2 New IL'ite

Dear 4mangopeople/Kinjal,

Thanks for replying to my thread, My weight is 52 kgs for 5.2 height.I can say that water retention is not the cause for my problem.my hemoglobin content was 9 when i checked few months back, but now i am giving much priority to my diet.still i am facing the same problem.
    As i work in shifts i do not have a fixed time to do exercise.

waiting for your valuable suggestions.

Thanks & Regards,
    Mamatha.

5. deepthijv

deepthijv Bronze IL'ite

Dear,

There are lot of excercises for legs, firstly try walking, for how much ever time u can, start atleast walking for 10 mins. If u r nt able to walk then do some lite excercises like

1) stand straight and lift ur legs 1 after the other, if u r lifting ur left leg first then lift it until its parallel to the ground do it for min of 8 counts and repeat the same vth right leg.

2) lie down on a mat turn to ur left keep ur whole body straight and lift ur right leg, do min of 8 counts, repeat same vth other leg

3) lie down on a mat and lift ur both legs and rotate both legs as if u r cycling. Do it for 15 - 20 counts as per ur energy levels

Just try doing dese excercises they take less than 1/2 hr, start doing dese, let me know incase u wnt to know more excercises.

All the best

Deepthi

6. Madtex

Madtex New IL'ite

A quick suggestion: In my experience, leg strength also involves the muscles in your bum (I am not joking).
    This is important since the bum muscle groups extend into the low back, the hip, and to some extent, affect the blood flow and nerves of the leg.
    Cramped hips, back and bum = cramped leg nerves. Does this make sense?
    I discovered recently that I myself have weak hips, bum and thigh muscles - both front and back of thighs. It has been hard to try and make them strong and flexible, but it is worth the effort.
    Make these muscles strong, thru yoga or weight lifting (whichever you want) to help in muscle stamina and flexibility.
    And yes, walk and lose the weight. Walking itself will improve stamina.

7. Mammu2

Mammu2 New IL'ite

Hello Madtex,

Thank You very much for your valuable suggestion. I really accept your words,and the below line gives the clear picture.
    Cramped hips, back and bum = cramped leg nerves
    I will start doing yoga from now on.

Thanks & Regards,
    Mamatha.

8. kirti251

kirti251 Senior IL'ite

Dear friend,
    First check your diet.I think u miss protein in ur diet.Build ur diet like for breakfat -40%, lunch_40%, & for dinner -20%.Do not forgot to involve protein in each meal.Take 2 mini snacks also.For diet check site
    Miracle Diets - Miracle diet menu
    Also read other pages which inspire u a lot.
    For exerciese especially for leg visit
    Easy leg exercise for to get firmer thighs & hips at home
    Use this leg toning exercise to shape up butt, hips & thighs
    Also visit main home page of now loss which is huge site & free also.I think u'll get all ur anwer from this page.Good luck