1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Interior designing tips and advices

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by tkswetha, Mar 29, 2012.

1. anurinesh

anurinesh Silver IL'ite

hi
    very nice and intersting thread lots of ideas I got from this thread
    waiting for more ideas and tips on decorating home sweet home

2. SmileySumi

SmileySumi New IL'ite

HI Friends

I'm new to this thread ,plz help me.
    i'm really confused regarding selecting wall colors for our home. Plz help us & give some ideas regarding color for 2 BHK flat. Now a days it's a fashion 2 walls having a same color & another 2 in different color /3walls same color 4th wall is contrast color, so i want to paint the walls with latest fashion & color should meet the vastu tips: like for kitchen orange ,yellow are good colors which i read through the sites.
    One more point please keep in mind my in laws are staying with me so 1 bed room they are going to use so for their bed room might be they can take my suggested colors or their ideas which i dont know :cry:
    So friends plz help in selecting the colors bcoz my inlaws are going to comment me not to use this color, dat color they dont like etc. i need u peoples ideas so dat at the end of d day everyone who sees the room including my DH appreciate the selection of colors.
    It will be a great help if u people share some of ur personal/site pics in this post.so i can choose the colors accordingly.Plz give some ideas or sites anything would be appreciated.
    i already post this message in new thread but noone replied so posting here ,so u people can give ur suggestions.
    Thanks in advance
    waiting for ur positive feedback bie1

3. anurinesh

anurinesh Silver IL'ite

hi
    i need ideas on how to decorate my toddler room pls suggest some tips and if possible please share your photos but i am a middle class so according to that i want my daughter room to be organized
    what type of paintings/wall clock birds where to put soft toys books etc

4. Sweety789

Sweety789 Silver IL'ite

HI Freinds
    I think this thread is no more active..If anyone is reading this post plz give ur feedback and help the ILfriends.Thnx in advance:)

5. Sahana1

Sahana1 New IL'ite

We can decorate our home with indoor plants, flower vases,wall hangings and etc

2 people like this.
  6. discounthome

discounthome New IL'ite

Avoid using dark colored tiles in the kitchen counters. Though royal blue or black look great, soap residue is very visible in these shades. And what's worse is that it becomes very difficult to clean when it hardened. So if you don't have a housekeeper or a helper that will clean and maintain the countertops everyday, better choose tiles with light colors.

1 person likes this.
  7. afcpreethi

afcpreethi Silver IL'ite

Hi ,

We recently moved to a rented house and the owner is telling that not to nail in the walls. There are no stands in Bathroom , is there any way we can hang some stands in bathroom or living room without nailing

Cheers
    Preethi

8. SmileySumi

SmileySumi New IL'ite

Thanks for suggestions :)
    Can u plz let me know which color will be good for Kitchen??

9. seeabitha

seeabitha Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

Check out Asian paints . u can virtually paint and see the colour.

I would suggest you to go for Ivory and shades for all the walls and it goes well when u really want to have a contrast color with any one of the walls.

I prefer half white or white (with design) for kitchen backsplash with coffee highlighter.
    Even u can choose orange or green for kitchen backsplash tiles with white cabinets .

Gives a bright look for kitchen.

Watch Knorr soup ad in Tv for a idea of green kitchen

2 people like this.
  10. kpgu1718

kpgu1718 New IL'ite

Hello Swetha

The designs which you posted are very nice and impressive especially the one with design on white marble. I am trying to do same, but I don't have any idea on that. I am from Hyderabad. Could you please help me on this.

Thanks in advance.