1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

How to take care of yourself......

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Anushiv, May 29, 2007.

1. Anushiv

Anushiv Senior IL'ite

An interesting article...thought of sharing!

cheers!
    Anu Shiv

How to take care of yourself when you are busy
    By Omega

We all lead busy lives. We have school, jobs, clubs, family and a social life. With so much going on, the one thing that we let slip is taking care of ourselves. But, taking care of ourselves is so important, and not doing so affects the different activities we are involved in. Here are some tips for leading a healthier lifestyle:
    Remember to have "me" time. You may need to schedule a day off each week or set aside an hour for yourself every day to make sure this happens. Turn off your computer and cell phone and make sure you enjoy time to yourself. Free your mind and don't feel guilty about needing your space.
    Maintain important relationships. Make a phone call to someone you love on your way to work or on your lunch break. Read a bedtime story to your children or cuddle with your mate. It can be a great help if you make sure you have someone in your life that you take pleasure in spending time with or talking to.
    Eat properly and exercise. Take vitamins and drink plenty of water. Try to pack healthy snacks if you don't have much time for full meals. Exercising for 20 to 30 minutes a day can make a big difference in your energy level and sense of balance. Don't worry about exercising for long periods of time; just make sure you put forth maximum effort during those 20 to 30 minutes a day. Make it fun for yourself—go skating or play basketball with friends.
    Get your rest. You will feel more energized if you get a good night's rest. You'll also be more efficient during your waking hours.
    Know when to say no. You are not super human. You have limitations. It is okay, and even healthy, to say no when you feel that you are being stretched too far. Trust someone else to handle part of the load.
    Pamper yourself. Go get a manicure and pedicure. Soak in a candle lit bubble bath or sit out at the beach. Get a new hair cut or buy a new outfit. Do something special just for yourself.
    Tend to your mind. Busy days can be draining over time. Remember to renew your mind. Meditate, read scriptures or uplifting quotes. Keep a journal and remain in contact with the voice of your heart.
    Let loose. Give yourself time to just let loose every once in a while and not have to be responsible for a moment. Eat sweets for dinner, watch a silly movie, and sleep late.
    Don't stress over the small stuff. If something is out of your control or you don't have enough time to tend to every detail—don't stress! Often times, the small stuff can build up and we begin to feel overwhelmed; recognize when it's okay not to attend to a matter and let it go.

2. Ammukutty

Ammukutty Bronze IL'ite

hi,

nice tips...useful for everyone leading a busy life

3. thejasree

thejasree New IL'ite

Hi,

It is indeed an interesting article...
    In the busy life that we lead, we tend to forget 'ourselves'. Such articles help us to take time off and enjoy life....

bye

Thej

4. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

hi Anu,

it was a good reminder of ourselves but in fact when it comes to reallity we think how to say No. we read take care of ourselves and then after few days oh i must do this or that in the end same ----
    bye

5. Anushiv

Anushiv Senior IL'ite

Hi padma,

I too agree with u...It's very difficult to say "NO" in reality.
    at times we're confused...is't good to say ' no' at this time, Am I right when I say ' No'? will people mistake me...if I say ' No' etc.
    I think only by experience....one can learn when & how to say 'NO'!

cheers!
    Anu Shiv

6. vaidegi

vaidegi New IL'ite

hi friends,

omega has sent a very good article. i enjoyed a lot. Now a days i am doing this.Actually i got depressed because of loneliness.but, with medications i am ok now.i am doing now what omega said.i am happy with myself.first we should be happy for us and we should make happy others will lead us to the perfect life.

lovingly,

vaidegi.

1 person likes this.
  7. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Good article! If we follow these instructions we will have peace of mind which in turn can help ourselves and others around us. It is like a chain reaction.
    If one member or a person in the society is not ok we see the consequences in the Headline News. In order to prevent those types of actions we should have peace of mind alongwith good health.
    Sriniketan

8. slp807

slp807 Bronze IL'ite

hey anu

nice article, everyone sld follow this and need sometime for themselves as u rightly pointed out

cheers
    sreelatha

9. Huma

Huma Silver IL'ite

hi
    nice post

10. madhu11

madhu11 Bronze IL'ite

very good post.

madhu