1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

How to Remove haldi Stains ?

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by Abha, Mar 7, 2007.

1. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

Hey everybody

My home wearing clothes and my kitchen dusters have got haldi stains and the stains just dont go... i wonder if these detergents we use here are good enuf...

In India when the clothes are sun dried, haldi stains just disappear easily

can somebody tell me how to remove these stains without spoiling the color of the clothes...

cheers

2. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

Use stain remover u will find in any grocery. I'm using it. Put the stain remover on the haldi spot for around 10 mint or as per instruction & then wash it. All ur stain will disappear.

3. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Dear Abha,

Soak your clothes in a dilute mixture of Salt and water. Take about 5 tbs of salt in about 1/2 bucket of water. Soak it for atleast two hours. The stains will go. Salt works for any stain wine, blood etc....

You can also try a weak solution of liquid chlorine bleach ( mix the chlorine bleach in water and soak )

Vandhana

4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Abha,

Haldi stains are very tough to remove, try the above tips and may be you will get lucky. I had a very bad experience with haldi stains on a white silk sari, the wedding sari of my daughter's. Unfortunately, the stain was really big and persistent. I got the sari colored on one of my visits to India:(

L, Kamla

5. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

hey everyone

thanks so much for the advice i'll definitely try these tips and will let you know the results...

thanks again !
    ~Abha

6. sasirekha

sasirekha New IL'ite

Re: How to Remove salt water stains in kitchen black granite

hi everbody
    in the kitchen the black granite stone is strains because of salt water....now the black granite stone looks white..............really it looks very hard....is it possible to remove that salt water strains? or else to replace that granite stone? pl do provide some proved tips ?thanks in advance