1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

how to pick the right wall color????

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by rashmibhandari, Jul 4, 2010.

1. rashmibhandari

rashmibhandari New IL'ite

hey folks..v ve recently bought a house...n now m really confused about the wall colors...m 23 years old gal..n i hve 2 make a choice among d 4 colors i.e. offwhite,pink,red and coco..i don't want to paint mah room with a single wallcolor as it becomes very boring.. so please suggest me the right color combo for mah room....plz reply asap...thanx in advance ......:)

2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Rashmi, I am not a very big fan of pink, so I will leave that out. Using the other colors, I can think of these combinations - one wall red or cocoa and the rest three in off white. If you like darker rooms, go for all coco - I had a totally red room and changed the color, didnot feel comfortable in that color. The other combo would be one red and 3 coco - I am hoping you mean chocolate brown by cocoa - if you like dark rooms, this combo would work so well. Another way to go is one wall dark color and other three light with some stencling with the darker color.

3. rashmibhandari

Thx a lot Srama 4 ur suggestion....even m also nt a very big fan of pink...Infact i was planning to paint mah room with one wall cocoa n the rest three in offwhite....bt dun u think it'll make small room look more smaller????

4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Not really, since it is just one wall that is cocoa - it will just draw attention to that wall. You can also use just that wall to decorate, that way the room won't look crowded or keep the TV on that side of the wall. I have a freind who has cocoa as wall color in a whole room and yet the room doesnot look small because of the number of windows and also the fact that room does not have doors - it opens into dining room.

Do please eome pictures if you get a chance!!

5. lovelydecor

lovelydecor New IL'ite

Hi Rashmi,
    You just search on net you will get very good collection of wall paint with the interior decoration. So after seeing it you will get best.

6. vidyajithesh

vidyajithesh Gold IL'ite

Hi Gals,
    We bought a house recently. In my master bedroom, I got one wall painted red. But it has actually made the room(otherwise airy and lighted), very dark. Now, I am thinking of covering that wall with a wallpaper of suitable shade.
    Please pass on your suggestions.

7. rashmibhandari

Hey these r some of the pics of my room.....:)

Attached Files:

8. rashmibhandari

It's lobby.....I'm thinking of painting both walls either with same color.i.e offwhite or one wall red...Wots ur opinion???

Attached Files:

9. rashmibhandari

hey ilites.. plz pass on ur suggestions asap...:)

10. juana

juana Bronze IL'ite

Pink is a very girly colour. Would look nice in a little girls room.

Cocoa is a nice colour. But it will limit your room decor to shades of beige and brown...and maybe rust.

Red (though not my choice of colours) seems like the perfect colour. You could use hues of the sunset to do up your curtains, pillows, cushions and bedspreas.