1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

How to increase the weight?

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by chillu, Sep 11, 2007.

1. chukku

chukku Senior IL'ite

Re: Tips to increase weight

Hi,
    These are the small diet that my dietician said when i was trying to put weight.
    1. Eat lot of sprouts.
    2. Have icecreams and choclates daily:wow
    3. Eat boiled potatoes daily.
    4. Drink atleast 4 cups of milk
    5. Daily have 2 cup of dry nuts and fruits
    6. Try to have cheese, butter, yoghurt in your food.
    7. Avoid coffees and tea completely instead have fresh fruit juices.
    hope this will help you better. :thumbsup
    chukku

2. susri

susri Silver IL'ite

Thanks chukku, for your lovely tips. :thumbsup

Friends have lot of icecreams and chocolates. :banana. But take care of your teeth also. :rotflEnjoy eating. :thumbsup

3. Nihari

Nihari New IL'ite

Re: How to increase or decrease the weight?

Hai friends,

I am new to the blog, you guys want to keep the body fit, i have some suggestions....
    Friends.. u Want to increase or decrease the weight,

If u want to decrease ur weight
    1. skip the breakfast Instead in 200 ml of milk add our food powder and have it..

4. susri

susri Silver IL'ite

To increase weight stop having salads. If you are very much interested in having salads, include Olive oil in it.

HAVE A HEALTHY DAY. :hiya

5. reshmirn

reshmirn Bronze IL'ite

Hi all lean ILs..
    Me too one among you wishing to gain weight. I try snacking after each meal but no increase in weight yet. I am happy that atleast I need not restrict myself from having any food in the fear of gaining weight!!!
    This is what I found during my search for tips to gain weight. But honestly, I never tried any of these and hence no feedbacks from my side. If any of you guys are to try it out, pls post your feed backs.

Home remedies for Underweight:
    • Banana is very useful in gaining weight fast. You can either eat bananas as it is or by making banana milk shakes. In case of kids it is better to give them banana milk shakes, as they will have it without you forcing them.
    • Eating three bananas in a day is very effective if you eat one bowl of curd after that. You can also drink one glass of milk after eating banana.
    • Undernourishment is the major cause for being underweight and hence you should eat plenty of fruits and drink plenty of milk. Fruits and milk both are very rich source of vitamins and minerals.
    • Eating muskmelon thrice in a day is also effective way of gaining weight. If for forty days you will follow this remedy, you will be very pleased with the outcome. In a day you should consume about three kilograms of muskmelon. This quantity can be slowly increased as per the need of your body.
    • Have mango milk shakes in the season of mangoes, as mangoes also are good for gaining weight. You can also eat one mango and then drink one glass of milk for gaining weight. Doing this remedy for one month will surely help you in gaining weight.
    • Add some honey in one glass of milk and have it before going to bed in the nighttime.
    • Add dates, anjeer and almonds in a mixer jar and then grind all this together. Then add this in one cup of milk and boil it. Drinking this milk is useful treatment for underweight people.
    • Add raisins to your diet and eat them on a daily basis and see the difference in your weight post one month.
    • Add pomegranate seed powder, museli powder and Indian ginseng root powder in one glass of warm milk and drink it two times a day for about one month. This is one of the very effective home remedies for underweight.
    • Soak some dry figs in water for overnight and have it two times a day.
    • There is no restriction for food, you can enjoy eating rice, flour, figs, dates, butter, wheat and vegetables and fruits of all kind.
    • Papayas are also effective in gaining weight and hence eat papaya after having meals.
    :thumbsupHappy eating and healthy weight gaining. Y not start a weight gain support group?!!!

Regards,
    Reshmi

6. Peace777

Peace777 Senior IL'ite

I can gain weight if i go to the gym regularly and pay attention to my diet. But whenever i start getting stressed, my appetite dies and i cant eat anything. If i have to forcibly eat as in a dinner with guests, then i feel like i will puke :( I was very stressed in the last few months and weight and muscle. I actually puked twice in restaurants coz i was stressed and had the social obligation to eat food.
    Any advise?

Now that the stress is waning away, i am able to eat again, but still my calorie intake is less than 1500 calories a month. Food recommendations on gaining weight are good, but what if you cant even consume it? How do i increase my appetite?

7. chitrajaraika

chitrajaraika Platinum IL'ite

Actually i was 38kg during college days hence i tried these concpts and increasd my weight nearly 12 kg.

To increase weight i followed these regularly
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

Daily 1or 2 glass of Milk+2 spoon of dates honey syrup+2 spoon sugar(gives good result very soon)
    Boiled Egg weekly thrice
    Milk and milk sweets
    Thick Curd
    Butter snacks or foods
    Two Bananas(Daily)
    Weekly once Grapes
    Dhal rice with ghee
    Fat Meat than chicken
    Fried Potato weekly twice

Actually Drink 2 big glass of milk with honey date syrup.It surely work well.it increases weight.if u want to increas soon means pls hv d above mention food concpts.

All my friends shocked and surprised abt my weight.

Hence i shared my secret to u.

Pls try this becos i recomended this tips to my college friends they too tried and got gud result and thanked me

Last edited: Sep 15, 2009
  8. shel_28

shel_28 Silver IL'ite

Dear All,
    I'm so surprised to hear that banana will increase weight. :confused2: I heard that it'll reduce weight. Even in books I found that banana will be helpful to shed the weight.

Drink lot of milk and also thick curd. This will increase the weight.

My height is 5"6 and my weight is just 40 kg. Sometimes it drops to 39 kg. I've tried all sort of things. I used to eat lot of chocolates, ice creams and potato thrice a week. But still couldnt gain weight.
    Now I'm taking 4 glasses of milk and thick curd daily. I gained 2 kgs in one month. :)
    Even Ghee alone will increase the weight.

9. shinara

shinara Platinum IL'ite

hi,

soak 10 chickpeas overnight in water and eat at mng..... if u do it daily sure you can increase ur weight....

10. keerthinathan24

keerthinathan24 Bronze IL'ite

Re: Need to gain weight.... help please

hai all of u...

join me too with u all... iam having nice food only.. but still i always weigh 54 or 55 kg.... never crossed it except during my pregnancy...

reading all ur threads here ,started having ghee,banana,nuts everyday... but i heard somewhere that eating dates soaked in honey helps in increasing weight.. is it true?.. if so wat time to have it?.. night or morning?...

-ur krithi...