1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

How is she doing it??!!!!

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by Rakhii, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Ladies, I have a Pakistani lady as neighbor. She is such a sweetheart. Every time I go to her home, I see that it sparkles. I am not kidding. All the rooms are super tidy, looks as if a maid had just thoroughly cleaned everything and left. How is she doing it? She has 1.5 year old kid. Even the toys are tucked neatly, as if he never plays with them. Even when he is awake. I see that most of the suff she has is from Karachi. The home is super clean, floors sparkle, kitchen sparkles...how man?!

If my home can be 50% of how she has her's I would be elated. I have an almost 8 month old at home. I can forgive the family room full of toys but other rooms are also not that great. Where am I going wrong? I seem to be busy cleaning all the time!

Hubby messes up too but not to the extent that I can't manage. Please help. I felt so small when I went there yesterday.

2. Nijasav

Nijasav IL Hall of Fame

Make a timetable and do it
    Teach the kid also about cleaniness.
    My kids play and after playing, they tuck everything neatly back.
    And any dirt on the floor, they take the wettissue and clean it immediately.
    When ever i remove clothes after drying, my elder one will fold it neatly and keep in all cupboards.
    Kids learn from us. If u have good and clean manners, automatically kids will copy it

3. sita_r

sita_r Bronze IL'ite

This is something i have wondered too. Lots of homes in my apartment too look spic and span.
    There is no dust, no clutter, no laundry clothes. In fact, i couldnt locate brooms/mops/mop clothes or rag clothes anywhere in the house. Wonder where all these are hidden!

The kitchen looks like it hasnt been used at all :) Honestly, i would also like to know this secret. I try cleaning up and decluttering every now and then. But even before i look at the neatness and appreciate it, clutter and dust is back where it all started!
    I can still understand US homes not having dust, but homes in India, without a trace of dust anywhere...and i am really surprised..!

3 people like this.
  4. bhappy

bhappy Silver IL'ite

It's so true. I have seen homes where we cannot even find out where they dry all their inner garments also.

Has somebody tried asking your friends about their secret ?

5. vidhurba

vidhurba Junior IL'ite

if some one knows the secret pls share

6. vidhurba

vidhurba Junior IL'ite

i desperately need to know it

7. ashimasd

ashimasd Silver IL'ite

M reminded of an ad of a glass cleaner...Colin ad - YouTube :rotfl

But on a serious note,y dont u ask her directly?U may get a great friend too!!:thumbsup

kishoremommy likes this.
  8. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

Rakhii.... I exactly understand your feeling! I have been through the same thing with all my friends' homes being spic and span and my house looking like a hurricane just passed through. I also kept wondering why I wasn't able to do it while all the others seemed to be managing very well. It used to be so bad for me that through I have a cleaning lady come every 3 weeks, I had to clean before the cleaning lady because I thought she might run away seeing the state of the house!!!

I think the key is to declutter, declutter and declutter. My DD's toys used to be all over the place too. Now, I have just split the toys between downstairs and upstairs, so there's not as many toys downstairs for her to just throw around. Recently, I went through this mad mania of throwing all the stuff that I hadn't used for over a year and that immensely helped!! While my home is nowhere near my "target" clean, these small things have still helped. At least when a friends or someone suddenly calls and decides to visit, we don't go into panic mode and start a cleaning marathon!

9. sangeethaamar

sangeethaamar Silver IL'ite

Hug to you rakhii. So iam not the one who always think like that.

Do you know exactly i was supposed to ask you.How do you manage with the kid?(today in our kid food forum)

Mainly my sofa and coffee table.how many ever times i clean it oh god how come it is dirty and full of things again?:-(

10. sowmani

sowmani Bronze IL'ite

hi friends,
    I am also the lady like all you who keeps on wondering those CLEANING MONSTERS (kidding) :)
    My house owner is such a lady i wonder and i wonder of house keeping..
    I watch her sweeping twice/thrice a day. She use wet cloth for mobbing, does atleast twice a day.
    Oh god, none can be like her. She washes the bed spreads, screen even the door mats, twice a week.
    She doesn't even got a maid.
    I think it is a passion (or mania ha ha ) for them.
    Washing vessels in sink which is outside the kitchen balcony.
    Her kitchen will be like a mirror. She washes the containers with dettol poured water , says no small insect will come even in long stock!

I wonder and wonder her...