1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

how I decor my bedroom

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by piu, Aug 26, 2007.

1. piu

piu New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,
    I've tiny L-shaped bedroom.me,my hubby & 1omonths little one lived here.
    in my room there is a wall cabinate for acsesories(jewelery,perfume,hair jel,cosmetics,shoe),a big almira,bed,bedside table,tv,computer,cd cabinate.
    I become boared of my bedroom can u give some decorating tips.:oops:

thank u advance.

2. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

It realy depends what you can grt and what you can do by yourself.
    adding color always makes everything bright and nice. like color cushions etc. bead curtains add interest. color paint to walls add interest. storage cupboards are good too. hope this helps
    anandchitra

3. piu

piu New IL'ite

Thanks chitra.I want to color my room.
    which color suit at tiny room that make not also bigger but also cozy.If anybody can suggest.......

4. krish22

krish22 Senior IL'ite

Hi Piu,

If you want the room to be cozy n warm go for earthen colors like browns, oranges n reds etc in lighter shades as your room is tiny.And for cushions and curtaind you can try little contrast colors to the wall color.If possible try to reduce the furniture in your room.As you said there is a wall cabinet you can't do anything with that, move your almara to another room and also keep only one thing either computer or tv cabinet.If you are using a laptop then try to accomadate in either wall cabinet/bedside table itself.

These are only to give you some ideas.You can go forward to make room for yourself and your family.

Happy decorating,
    Krish.

5. piu

piu New IL'ite

Thank u Krish.I'll try these color.....:smile:
    lets see more opinion from other.

6. Malathi1

Malathi1 New IL'ite

Some small bedroom decoarting tips from a Feng Shui article:
    1. Use Welcoming and Calming Colors Using monochromatic theme with light to darker shades of the same light color in wall paint to bedding & accessories will work wonders for a small space
    2. Position Your Bed With Care Not facing an opening but where you can keep an eye on it.
    3. Opt for Curves, Not Corners as much as possible in furniture
    4. Clear the Clutter
    5. Shut Out the World
    6. Create a Space for Couples
    In the feng shui "map" of the bedroom, called the bagua, the far right corner is the "love center." Consider building a "shrine to love" in that spot. Accessorize a table, dresser or shelf with a photo of you and your mate (or other art that depicts a happy couple), a pair of candles, a book of romantic poetry and a heart-shaped box. "It becomes an environmental affirmation of your relationship goals."
    Since your baby shares the room turn the small line of the L shape into a small nursery by placing the crib there if possible.
    7. Open Your Eyes to Beauty [They recommend removing all mirrors from the bedroom since it is considered energy draining]
    8. Light It Right
    You want lots of natural light during the day, soft light in the evening and darkness while you sleep.
    9. Create a Sensual Haven with things you love to smell (fragrant candles), touch (soft sheets), hear(soft music), taste (warm tea, chocolates)& see (Calming pictures).

7. Malathi1

Malathi1 New IL'ite

Some small bedroom decoarting tips from a Feng Shui article:
    1. Use Welcoming and Calming Colors Using monochromatic theme with light to darker shades of the same light color in wall paint to bedding & accessories will work wonders for a small space
    2. Position Your Bed With Care Not facing an opening but where you can keep an eye on it.
    3. Opt for Curves, Not Corners as much as possible in furniture
    4. Clear the Clutter
    5. Shut Out the World
    6. Create a Space for Couples
    In the feng shui "map" of the bedroom, called the bagua, the far right corner is the "love center." Consider building a "shrine to love" in that spot. Accessorize a table, dresser or shelf with a photo of you and your mate (or other art that depicts a happy couple), a pair of candles, a book of romantic poetry and a heart-shaped box. "It becomes an environmental affirmation of your relationship goals."
    Since your baby shares the room turn the small line of the L shape into a small nursery by placing the crib there if possible.
    7. Open Your Eyes to Beauty [They recommend removing all mirrors from the bedroom since it is considered energy draining]
    8. Light It Right
    You want lots of natural light during the day, soft light in the evening and darkness while you sleep.
    9. Create a Sensual Haven with things you love to smell (fragrant candles), touch (soft sheets), hear(soft music), taste (warm tea, chocolates)& see (Calming pictures).
    Good Luck decorating and enjoying your small space!

8. jassikahilton

jassikahilton New IL'ite

Feels so nice to be amongst all the other ladies. With so many useful information I am sure my stay will earn me rich dividends as far my knowledge of home decoration goes. For the time being decorating the bedroom is a priority for me as my hubby just finished renovating this room and has bestowed the responsibility of beautifying the place to me. I am certain these tips would help me in my mission thanks a lot.

9. salo

salo New IL'ite

Hi malathi

thank u for the information.very nice to see this .

keep doing this.
    bye salo

10. Bhanvi

Bhanvi Senior IL'ite

Hi Malati

Thanks a lot for your valuable information.I hope in future u will be updating some more of suggestions.

Rdgs