1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

How do you stay motivated?

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Laks09, Feb 26, 2015.

1. decentreader

decentreader Silver IL'ite

Its an excellent work of home gardening.

1 person likes this.
  2. damini

damini Gold IL'ite

I'm back to walking after a gap of 4 months. I've put on weight and few dresses are tight.
    So,What motivates me?!

1. About 6 years back I had severe backache and my mom came to help me out. That was my wake-up call. I don't ever want to call my mom for things like that. That's my motivation.
    2. My backache has come down drastically and allergy-nasal block-wheezing cycle goes down with yoga. Plus the exercises I'm taught are easy to do:hide:. That motivates me during the nov to Feb months.
    3. I don't know why but walking gives me a 'high'. I feel good that I'm doing something right for myself.
    4. I've always been a over-weight person in relation to my height. It feels good to be a little more proportionate.
    5. My family thinks after losing weight I'm looking 'sick'. I want to look healthy and that is my biggest motivation now.

I still battle certain issues every day. I've sweet tooth and festival time is tough. Though I’m much better in portion control now, the temptation is irresistible. I don’t rest till the sweet treats are finished off.
    The only snacks I buy for myself are Dates and groundnut chikki. When I feel hungry in the evening I’ve coffee with or without sugar instead of my usual green tea without sugar.
    I do a bit of emotional eating and do eat more when I need that energy. I do get back to normalcy the next day.So its ok.
    I see the healthy eating and exercise as a way of life. I try to do as much as I can and yes, there is a lot of scope for improvement.

1 person likes this.
  3. Madhumagie

Madhumagie Silver IL'ite

hi SGBV

I simply copy pasted whole of your post , to read it again and again and i shall stick it in on the walls with a big print out . thank you for posting wat i was looking for to " how to fix me " to loose weight :)

Rowith likes this.