1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

House Keeping

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by shakila banu, Jan 23, 2008.

1. shakila banu

shakila banu Bronze IL'ite

Dear Alamu
    Nice to read your post. Like you i do hava toddler. Before, not only the socks bin everything was kept in the same place where i keep. Nowadays everything becomes collapsed. This ofcourse being a part of our life. As you said the day i started this thread various new ideas are splashing in my mind and i have started concentrating on keeping everything in a definite place by creating a place for it. Keep posting. Lets arrange our house perfectly then our concentration will be only on the daily routine and taking care of our toddler not to disturb what we have set right. Bye.

2. shakila banu

Dear ilites
    hope this thread would make everyone motivated to keep our house perfectly clean and organised.
    Bye.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2008
  3. shakila banu

Dear ilites

when discussing about the hall Television sure to be there. The main thing which should have a definite place in the hall is the remotes of Vcr ,Dvd etc.etc. Also the cds and dvds how do you all manage to keep all these in a particular place. Your opinions and ideas are mostly appreciated. Bye.

4. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear SB,
    My house hall is moderately big in size.It has a Almirah with showcase (2 rows) and a Closed(wood worked) racks.I keep all the fancy stuff in the showcase including the wedding pics(2 of them).We have a moderate sized TV stand with a glass covered racks below it.The DVD player,set top box sits inside the glass racks.
    I have a 5 seater sofa which faces each other organised comfortably.The dining table and the fridge or in the other corner of the hall leading to the kitchen. There are few paintings and a Pics of gods facing the entrance of the hall.

I have a Clay Hanging(bell type) in the middle of the hall.

Thats it....No other mess...

5. viniinmaryland

viniinmaryland New IL'ite

Hi all,really nice to see all msgs from people in our site Indusladies am Vinitha, i am staying in Laurel, maryland i can also join with you ill pass my time doing Facials with good massage,Henna for hair, head massage,mahendi designs also for hands ill do just as a hobby and for fun any body interested in anything you can feel free to ask me.[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2009
  6. shakila banu

Dear aishu,

Good to read your post. You know my daughters name is also ayeshu. In my house i have a wooden rack where i have arranged different books in order like library and valuenet for the tv,dvd, taperecorder and vcr. Also a 3 seater and 2 single seater neatly arranged. Ofcourse a wall hanging of pictures. Keep posting. Bye.

7. shakila banu

Dear friends Now we will move on to the Bedroom. Yes, cheer up and post what are the expected things to be in the Bedroom. Bye.

8. andaljagan

andaljagan New IL'ite

Hi all,
    This topic is a great idea. There is so much we can learn from each other. The socks bin idea is good. But I think for my house I'll modify it to bags hung from the shoe rack as space is at a minimum.

The bedroom I believe should have minimal clutter so that it can be a place for relaxing. Still for purposes of space management we need to put a few essential things there. I have one drum for to-be-washed clothes and one corner table designated for to-be-folded clothes and other bric-a-brac that needs to be put away. as the TV is also in the bedroom TV watching is coupled with folding clothes and putting away any other stuff that might have reached the corner.

Andal

9. shakila banu

Dear Andaljagan nice to know that you have divided washing clothes into three sections that is hope dirty clothes would be kept in one basket then the dried clothes and again the folded clothes. I feel folded clothes can be kept in the wardrobe immediately even if it is one cloth folded. Nice to read all your posts. Tips for folding the clothes. Take good time to fold your clothes do not fold while standing intead put a mat sit down and fold as if your ironing it with your palms just rub rub and fold and then see the difference. The folded clothes will look very neat. Bye. Keep posting.

10. andaljagan

andaljagan New IL'ite

Hi SB,
    That was a great tip. Thanks. Waiting for today's washload to dry so I can fold them as you suggested. To confess managing clothes is my greatest problem. I never seem to be able to do it right. Hoping to better myself with help from here.
    Some tips for wardrobe management would be very helpful. I have put in small baskets/empty shoe boxes in each family member's shelf for underclothes. So there is no hunting when we go for a bath.
    Andal