1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Home & Garden

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by Tulasi, Apr 7, 2007.

1. Tulasi

Tulasi Silver IL'ite

Dear Indus Ladies,
    Do we have any forum regarding garden? are there any plant lovers here..just could not find any thing on indoor plants & garden...

2. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear tulasi,
    we already had a set of discussion just go thru the threads, but yes what is it u want.. being from bangalore most of us are garden lovers, and will see if we can help u, go ahead and shoot ur doubts here...regards sunkan

3. Tulasi

Tulasi Silver IL'ite

Hai Sunkun, good to hear from you after long time..ya as you said banglore people like plants..generally i was searching to see what they grow at their
    homes.. here i have lots of plants but due to weather condtions most of the plants like jasmine, hibiscus, kanakabaram i put in pots b'cause last 5 months i had moved them inside..now as the weather getting warmer here i will be moving outside.. i had a doubt when to fertilize plants...since last five months no growth and didn't feed any fertilizer.. i also have indoor plants like money plant and crotons and some of them i don't know the names...also trying to grow vegetables in the back yard like varites of greens, eggplant, chillies,tomotos and some gaurds..as it is right season to plant them in a week ....

4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Tulasi,

It is spring now. So it is a good time to fertilize the plants. It is good to fertilize them from time to time anyways and usually, the fertilizer container comes with good instructions.
    Best of luck.

L, Kamla

5. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear tulasi,
    i dont know abt american ways, but here in bangalore we spray metacide, after pruning the old stalk away and then dig out some soil and remove them in that place add some wormicompost along with red soil, here in bangalore they supply on phone, so it is easy to maintain, they usually prune here by the second half of jan but no rains so all the pruning waiting for some showers, to give out new leaves, u need to spray this metacid every one month or when required if there is more insect infestation.....regards sunkan

6. Tulasi

Tulasi Silver IL'ite

Hi kamala & Sunkan
    Thank you for your tips. just started planting..