1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Holy Cow - Sequel

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Scorpio707, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Scorpio707

Scorpio707 Platinum IL'ite

Not too long ago I posted a snippet on “Holy Cow” Holy Cow...., little did I think I would be back with the sequel. Talking about sequel, it reminds me of the movie ‘Bahubali’. Well definitely no suspense or drama here. It is purely my musings.

It was just another day, and I sat down to watch videos that I had recently received on Whats App. Technology I believe can be a boon as well as a bane. I played this video and what do I see? Protagonists of my snippet staring right back at me. The plot of the scene is shot on a street, and we have a street vendor – a panipuri guy. Well there he was doing what he knows best, serving panipuri.

Here comes the twist, the PP was being served to a cow and its calf :flushed:. A man supposedly standing next to the PP guy did the honors. Going by the video, not for one moment did the cow or the calf flinch. They had the same impatient look and restlessness :D that we have felt infinite times while waiting for the PP guy to complete the process of filling and dipping before serving.

The video definitely cracked me up but also made me think. It’s probably no big deal at all, candid pictures and videos of animals are a huge hit on social media these days. I have bared witness to the cow having cottage cheese, bread and chapathi. But PP seriously :expressionless:, I wonder if the cows got bored of the left-over food that was being served to them. Seeing the two devour the PP, I wonder if the pani was customized to suit the cow’s palette. Cows stick they tongue in and out, its normal…let’s presume these PP were lip-smacking for the moment seeing them rub their thick lips :yum:

I pity them since they have been left with little or no choice these days. Come to think of it, there have been enough news coverage on the process of making the PP. Dirty, unhealthy and rotten ways of making the filling. The pani which is just not water with spices, juices from the body probably go in them. You know what I mean here don’t you? All to give it extra zing and kick.

The video makes up for a good laugh no doubt, a million views too by now I’m sure. Some of the questions that keeps popping up in my mind is – Are we short of grass/hay to feed the cattle now?? Did the cows randomly choose to stop by the street vendor having found no garbage filled with plastic to munch on? Don’t know which is better/ worse or both – feeding on garbage or having PP. A bizarre thought also crossed my mind, it’s no open secret that feeding cows is considered to be good, a blessing of sorts when looked at in a religious way. I wonder if the PP guy thought that feeding PP to the cows would bring prosperity and boost his business :rolleye:. Presuming that the knowledgeable and health conscious community gave this snack a pass, was this an effortless act on his part?

Well for reasons unknown, this is the fact – there is a video of a cow and calf savoring PP. And here I am amused, enraged and perplexed writing about it. A message to my friends and family, next time someone sends you a video featuring cows, please don’t bother sending it to me. Another sequel would definitely be a drag.

I honestly hope the plight of our cows in the country improve for the better . Holy Cow??? :worship2:

PS – I am a peace loving person :). My post is the outcome of mixed emotions. I have no intention of hurting religious sentiments. Thank you.

jskls likes this.

2. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Ha ha cows eating Pani Puri video and the outcome of another sequel on Holy Cow. What a sad state of affairs for the cows? Nice write-up Meenu

Scorpio707 likes this.
  3. Scorpio707

Scorpio707 Platinum IL'ite

Indeed a sad state....glad you read this one Laks, thank you :)

jskls likes this.
  4. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

Who knows the PP guys might be serving the unsold/leftover/stale PPs and hoping to earn some Punya! It is not unusual to see people looking for cows to feed them with left over Roties of yesterday or day before. Above all its serves twin purpose, no?