1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Height Problem

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by momto2kids, May 16, 2017.

1. momto2kids

momto2kids New IL'ite

DS turned 12 this month, his ht is 25% and is already foot and half shorter than his friends. I know each kid grows differently, but now it is starting to worry us. He will go to middle schoolnext year.

He is very picky eater. He wakes up and only has a cup of milk in the morning before leaving for school. Sometimes he will eat an egg.
    He twists and turns away at the sight of food. He has no appetite in the morning. He eats small portions for rest of the meals as well. We make all kinds of food at home.

The doctor says that he will grow when puberty starts. We are waiting patiently. But kids are really mean, they bully him right in front of me.
    Any ideas to increase ht.
    Me and DH are average ht.

2. Umanga

Umanga Gold IL'ite

Endura Mass? Chyawanprash? Soylent?

Last edited: May 17, 2017
  3. Prishaa

Prishaa Senior IL'ite

Childs height depends on genetics.. but if he s still below the expected range i would suggest consult his pead.. he could check if there is ny deficiency n start vitamins acc..

4. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

I have seen most boys growing tall in high school. Eating healthy and staying healthy can be enforced only for health benefits

Some sports might help in increasing appetite. Once they hit 13-14 appetite will increase too.

Bullying is a separate issue that needs to be handled.

sindmani, Shanvy and Induslady like this.
  5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Some of them spurt once puberty hits.

Talk to him about eating for his own self benefits and how at 12 he must be aware of all the benefits.

Encourage physical acitivity and sports.

And genes does play a role.

I only want to say don't be obsessed with your son's height that you think and talk about it. Like you need to eat for height. Definitely he will not want to touch the food. Understand that your son must be grappling with issues at this phase.

Height is important but not everything. Motivate inpspire him to think beyond it. Being confident and not allowing others to bully.

What do you mean your son is bullied in your presence.?? And you attribute the height is the reason.. no a bully will do the same ones your son fill out and turns handsome overnight. Teach your son or rather talk to him about tackling bullying.

One of our fav quote "it is not the size of the dog in the fight , its the size of the fight in the dog"

sindmani, jskls and sangeethakripa like this.