1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

GM Diet

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by anupama, Feb 21, 2006.

1. abhilashapawar

abhilashapawar New IL'ite

hi
    back after a long time..i am about to start this plan again...but someone pls tell me will this diet help me get rid of tummy fat that has developed after childbirth?

2. spap

spap Senior IL'ite

Just my experience. Not to demotivate anybody here. I started this diet and I couldn't even pass one day. I felt really tired and weak. The first day made me crave for salt and I stopped it. These crash diets will not help you to lose weight permanently. Once you complete the diet , you will start gaining whatever you have lost. If you have developed a craving for your regular foods during these 7 days, you will probably tend to eat much more food once the diet is over and hence gain some more.

In my opinion, its not an healthy way to lose weight. You won't be losing any fat here. the weight lost will be the water content in your body or your lean body mass. You should make changes in your life style, eating habits to lose weight. I learnt this the hard way. So thought I would share.

Thanks,
    ASP

3. kavithaRao

kavithaRao New IL'ite

hi abilashapawar,

I follwed this diet after my first child birth and lost weight (from 150+ to 126 pounds by doing 4 or 5 times.) and did kept it off. And, yes, it does gets the fat around tummy as well. Basically what I observed is that you reduce the fat all around the body. so, at the end of this diet, you'll definitely see the change all around the parts of the body. before you start, measure around your arms, tummy and thighs. after completion (wait 2 or more days) measure again or try your old cloths. I'm sure you'll see the difference. different people will have fat in different areas. But how would any diet would know that right? any diet will make the body fat burn. I don't know which areas it would prefer first. In my case, my thighs and tummy are the first ones got a change. then came to my butt area.
    Don't be discouraged by people saying it didn't work for them. Its ok if it didn't for them. Try yourself to see if it works for you. Diets are just like medicine. one medicine might do wonders for some but the same medicine may not show any effect. right?
    I got my inspiration and stuck with the plan by posts here when I first started (you can still find all my posts).

I have second baby now who is one year old and just a month before I followed the diet again and lost 5lbs. The very first it was drastic but this its not but I can already snug fit into my size 4 cloths and my tummy not large any more even though I still have to work on it. I'm very happy on light body. My back ache is reduced. So, I'm motivated to continue to do it.
    I consulted my ob/gyn, pediatrician and gen.psycian before starting this diet as I was breastfeeding my baby and I explained them the eating pattern. All doctors said it is safe even to breastfeed during the diet because all we eat are REGULAR vegetables and fruits but only in certain way. and they mentioned They did mentioned about not skipping the water intake that this diet suggests to flush the toxins.
    Oh, Once I didn't take the recommended amount of water and I didn't any change in lost weight even I was eating right way.

Anyways, Whether it works or not, it would definitely make you eat right and thats the way it should be to get the benefits of natural vegies and fruits and skip those useless junk we eat everyday.

Eventually, when you cut down the fats you loose weight.

Hope this helps....
    I was at 143lbs and now at 138lbs and 2 dress sizes lost.... :)

4. devi81

devi81 Guest

HI kavitha rao,

Congratulations on ur weight loss :cheersand for the confidence that u have really i appreciate that.Thanks for encouraging us ,can u please post ur diet plan ,can u say what did u eat for 7 days along with the timings.on 5,6, and 7h day wht did u eat? did u do any excercise??Please do post ur answers.thanku :)

5. gateway

gateway New IL'ite

Hi,

I have done this diet 4 times over a span of 4 years, and have always lost weight. First 2 times, it was difficult for me too and would be so hard to continue this diet. but I did, and lost weight every single time. It really works.

However, you can make the diet workable for you. example, on the 2nd day it is only veggies( which was hard for me) so I used to steam veggies like cabbage, cauliflower, carrot, bottle gourd and in half tsp oil add these and salt and chilly powder and eat it like a curry.

Main thing is exercise atleast 20 mins everyday even walking while on the hpone or while watching TV just in your house.
    Also for soup, I generally make it with cabbage, tomato, onion and any very low calorie veggies and keep it in the fridge without any seasoning. when I need to eat, I add different seasoning everytime, like once it is pulao masala, rasam powder, curry powder, souysauce and ajinomoto, sambar powder, garam masala, pav bhaji, chole masala,u basically anu masala powder you like and see the difference. The soup wont be boring. you will want to eat more soup!!

I did it last month and lost 7 lbs. I am doing it again now. Am on my 3rd day.

6. kalpaselva

kalpaselva New IL'ite

Started GM Diet

Hi, today i started GM Diet by having water melon and water in morning.My weight is now 75 Kg. can anybody give me my weight at the end of the program???.i expect 3 kg reduction?

7. purplebird

purplebird New IL'ite

Re: Started GM Diet

I am also starting today - and so far have had apples,oranges and a cantaloupe and lots of water. Lets keep encouraging each other through this forum:: How has your day been so far?

8. shyl

shyl Senior IL'ite

Re: Started GM Diet

Hi Kalpa, Good luck with your GM diet. I have done the GM diet many times in the past and have easily lost between 11-14lbs. The biggest challenge is to keep off the weight after the diet.

Thanks
    Shyl

9. suma123

suma123 New IL'ite

This is second time i'm doing GM diet, and lost nearly 6 pounds when I did first time nearly three months ago. I'm still keeping it off.

Today is my second day of GM diet. I lost 2 lbs already.

Today is veggie day.

Any body wants to join me.

Suma

10. dgjo

dgjo New IL'ite

i m planning to start this diet. but i have failed a couple of times in first day itself. dunno what is wrong with me. help plz.