1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Food processor

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by AnithaPartha, Jun 13, 2012.

1. sabarimathi

sabarimathi Gold IL'ite

2. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Sabarimathi,

What am looking for here is. I already have a preethi mixie(from India) & have plans to buy a grinder to grind dosa batter. I want a FP now, just to slice vegetables in different shapes & sizes.

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

be very clear about the different shapes and sizes..i don't think FP can really give you anything other than, slices, shreads, and dicing...

4. vvvvvv

vvvvvv Silver IL'ite

I don't think you can cut vegetables in different shapes. I have a cuisinart and happy about it. I use it for shredding and cutting vegetables. It comes handy to make vadai especially medhu vadai, to mince mutton. I have a preethi mixie and a grinder. I make food everyday and do not prefer to use leftover. Also I cook different varieties each day. For a working mom it is too helpful.

5. AnithaPartha

hi,

where did you buy your 'cuisinart'? and how much it costed?
    shape i mean, just like sticks(potato for fry), onion in rings shape and okra in coin size..

6. vvvvvv

vvvvvv Silver IL'ite

I got from sears. Paid 100-150$. Don't remember. You can cut regular vegetables for a busy day.

7. AnithaPartha

Is it not so expensive vvvv? If not different shapes & sizes, I just want a normal size.

8. vidukarth

vidukarth Platinum IL'ite

I had always wanted to buy a FP, but never did a good research on it to buy it. I have a mixie and ultra pride grinder from India. So, temporarily I got the vidilia chopwizard with which you can cut/dice veggies like carrots, onions, potatoes, capsicums andd other veggies like chow chow, cucumber etc. It doesn't grate veggies. You have to peel them and place it in small portions for cutting it. It cannot be used for okra. It is very good especially for carrots which is tough if you have to do with knife. Everything is good, but only thing is cleaning the small pieces that go inbetween the lid. It is 19.99 and you can combine coupons in bed bath and beyond and get it for even lesser price. You can search for it online and look it it would meet your needs.

9. AnithaPartha

Thanks Vidu for your tips. Let me check for 'vidilia chopwizard'. Where did you buy it? Oh, you got grinder from India itself?(voltage convertor)?

10. AnithaPartha

Ramya,

When I was in California, I got one FP which has plate with different cuts on it. If I place in one cut direction, it will cut in that angle/shape. When am shifting to NJ, I got the plates but missed my FP ;(