1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Food processor for mixing dough(atta)

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by mary, Oct 26, 2007.

1. mary

mary New IL'ite

Hi,

Does anyone have suggestions on which food processor is best suited for mixing atta ?
    I have a Cuisinart 7-cup and have not had much success at making dough. It is good for chopping vegetables etc.

I wanted to purchase a good dough-maker to take to India. Does not necessarily have to be India-compatible.

Thanks
    Mary

2. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mary
    Welcome to IL
    I too have cuisinart and has worked very well for me. I have many attacments and one of those is for dough like bread making etc. i use it but mostly use my stainless stell blade. I first add atta then close lid and slowly add water etc. Please do try for me its magic and chappitis come out excellent.Hope this helps Good luck.

3. vpriya

vpriya Senior IL'ite

Even i have a cuisinart 7 cup food processor and works great for making chapathi dough and bread dough, even pizza dough.

If you have a ultra wet grinder for idly, u can use a dough hook attachement and mix chapathi dough, bread and pizza dough. i find both equally good. the only problem here is cleaning the ultra grinder as it is huge and heavy.

Quick tip: spray PAM or any other oil inside so it doesn't get sticky and messy.

4. pavithrasriram

pavithrasriram Bronze IL'ite

hi mary,
    you can buy a hand mixer to make chappathi dough!!!!'
    regards
    pavi