1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Flower Gardening tips needed

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by muyalkutti, Apr 5, 2013.

1. muyalkutti

muyalkutti Silver IL'ite

Hi friends,

I'm looking for gardening tips. This is my first home my knowledge is zero but interest is 100% in gardening . I just want to know about the flower plants and colour cordination and some innovative tips for bordering.

2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

1 person likes this.
  3. muyalkutti

muyalkutti Silver IL'ite

Thank you very much for your reply Srama. I will definitely look in to the thread.

4. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

I see you are in Canada...like me :) Our gardening season is very short. So, choose wisely. Let me know if you have any specific questions, I will be more than happy to help...not that I am an expert :)

5. muyalkutti

muyalkutti Silver IL'ite

Thank you so much for your reply. Glad to know you are also from Canada. Though we are in a city, in my backyard (fenced) I see lots of rabbits hopping around. So I just want to know what kind of plants I can grow, so that We both (me and Rabbits) can enjoy them. I heard they eat flower bulbs... but I'm not worried much about that. Thinking of having a rose garden... can you pl give me the tips for that.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
  6. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Muyal, roses are excellent choice. You get plenty of verities in nurseries here. Good thing is, they are perennials so they come back in spring.

Find a place where the plants get at least 4 hours of sunlight. Dig deeper and water alternate days.
    You can also grow vegetables; you might have to pot them though as you sy there are bunnies around.

2 people like this.