Finest Post Nominations - May 2024

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Rihana, May 1, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Thank Rihanna for the kind words :hearteyes:

Rihana likes this.
  2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My Dearest Sweetest Darlingest Viji, how could I forget to reply to a nomination of your post!!! Doing a few replies at a time. We are lucky to have so many nominations this month. April showers did bring May flowers.
    Snippet by none other than @iyerviji - My Mother
    I fully agree with @Thoughtful's description - lessons from elders shared without sounding preachy or like advice.

Whenever I read @iyerviji's snippets, one word comes to mind - सरलता (saralatā) -- the quality of being simple, straightforward, and uncomplicated.

Viji's narrations, including this one, illustrate how skillfully and gracefully life's challenges were navigated and significant achievements were attained—accomplishments that remain aspirational for many women even today. These feats were accomplished with a dignified and understated modernity, without unnecessary drama or excessive struggle.

iyerviji and Cheeniya like this.
  3. Rihana

You are berry welcome. Now, be a good girl and resolve to choose Friday Anika happy annachi over Sunday unhappy. I have no idea about anniyan movie or what annachi means, got this from a post in that musings thread. : ) Please to excuse if anything wrong in my words.

anika987 likes this.
  4. Rihana

Response by @Viswamitra - Random Musings On A Friday Evening..

Oh I just realized this response by @Viswamitra is also nominated. I already talked about this one in a post above. I am happy to see it nominated. Missed seeing the nomination as there are just too many ads popping up when I browse IL now-a-days.

Anika's post was a lovely to read compilation, and Viswa's point by point response simply elevates the thread.

Thyagarajan and Viswamitra like this.
  5. Rihana

Snippet by @HariLakhera - Good Is There Because There Is Evil.
    How good and bad are connected, what karma decides about our birth, and how do mistakes get fixed? How do different religions explain this. Hari ji's snippet neatly examines these questions and gives us food for thought.
    Snippet by @Viswamitra - Information Diet
    An important reminder and caution for us in Viswa's snippet. We are so careful with how we wash fruits, vegetables, read nutrition labels and consume food carefully, yet, we do not apply even half of that care to the information we consume. Properly managing the information we are fed is an art, science, and skill in itself.

6. Rihana

So said the guy with the signature hair-flip:
    "When I grew up in India, telephones were a rarity. In fact, they were so rare that elected members of Parliament had the right to allocate 15 telephone lines as a favor to those they deemed worthy. If you were lucky enough to be a wealthy businessman or an influential journalist, or a doctor or something, you might have a telephone."

Yes, that quote is from Shashi Tharoor.

Snippets from Satchi @satchitananda are about as rare. Here's one:
    These Are A Few Of My Favourite Things

So, when we see one, we welcome it like the parched earth embraces rain. Satchi's writing beautifully captures the simple yet profound moments of connection with nature amidst the challenges of daily life. Be it the vibrant hibiscus or the unexpected tailor bird's egg that is blue but golden : ) we get to behold the sights thanks to the pictures. I did have to adjust my glasses and lean closer to the monitor to see the egg, and I am sure, the "oh my " that escaped my lips would echo what anyone will feel to see this magic, design and will of nature. If I am seeing it correctly, it is delicately nestled between two guava leaves!

Thank you Satchi.

7. Rihana

A response by me got nominated! : )
    I Discovered A Lot Of Joy In My Public Library

Thank you for the nomination, @Thoughtful. Thank you so much. It means a lot to me. It was such a pleasant surprise to see it when I came to the thread from Latest Replies. Of late, I have started to second-guess myself a lot when it comes to posting. That's one reason for fewer posts. This one also I thought was giving unsolicited advice etc. But I let it be there as I felt strongly about what I typed.

Ok I am rambling... Thanks again.

I am grateful for the valuable endorsement. :blush:

8. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Finest Posts Nomination in it's seventh page!
    I could have danced all night! :blush:

9. Rihana

Taking a Chota sa break from reading nominated posts, so a joke:

Why did the owl refuse to dance?
    Because it said it would just be a "hoot" and "hoo" needs all that commotion?

:grinning::grinning:

10. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

This owl never refuses to dance. It loves dancing!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.