Finest Post Nominations - May 2024

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Rihana, May 1, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

I think youbforgot to reply to this

Rihana likes this.
  2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan Finest Post Winner

OMG morning here reading your sweet-words for me turned my eyes moist. Looks you are upbeat and working overtime. It must be hour to get embraced by sleep-devi.

Regards.

Rihana likes this.
  3. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan Finest Post Winner

Take care. Drive looking on the road. Please don't be thinking of snippets in IL.
    - while on drive.

Rihana likes this.
  4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

When I read this response from you, I only thought of a "Gravitropic Growth" snippet I wrote recently. We are only enjoying your wonderful responses, your ability to combine responses logically to related snippets, and your free flow of thoughts into perfect words. But your this response will provide great insight into how much effort is involved behind all your responses which you do all alone. Here is the link to my snippet Gravitropic Growth and kindly read it after you have a little more time once you finalize the finest post of May 2024.

Rihana and Thyagarajan like this.
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Rihana and Viswamitra like this.
  6. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Vijiakka,

Thank you for nominating this post. I am hoping there will be more response to this post thanks to your nomination. I was pleased when I got an extraordinary response from @jayasala42 madam with precise words of wisdom. Needless to say, I am grateful to others who responded in this thread as well.

iyerviji likes this.
  7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

All the best to receive more responses

Viswamitra likes this.
  8. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Snippet by @jayasala42 - Being Charitable
    Life has humbled me enough that I don't judge other people's decisions or prescribe the right behavior for them. However, when I see people willfully avoiding estate planning, even when they have property and money spread across numerous accounts, I find it perplexing. My best guess is that it stems from a denial of mortality.

Thank you, @iyerviji and @Thoughtful, for bringing this post to nominations. I hope it will serve as a reminder to many to update their life documents. It reminds me of two poignant yet funny letters I wrote to two dear friends to be opened were I to pass away before my older child could take care of my younger one. Well, I am still here, kids old enough : ) And the letters are now moot. I will one day edit out a few portions and post them as a snippet. They remain one of my favorites from my writings.

iyerviji and Viswamitra like this.
  9. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

One of my favorite nomination combos is when @iyerviji nominates a post by @anika987. It brings together two of IL's finest, and the resulting post is always worth reading and reflecting upon.

Post by @anika987 - Random Musings On A Friday Evening..

The post had 17 valid, perceptive and sagacious observations on life and people. But my question is why the best one was left without a number. Why not give it the number 18? : ) Namely this one: Real revenge is to LEVEL UP!!!

Each observation could be forked off into a thread of its own! Pending that, our dear Viswa @Viswamitra penned an equally insightful inline response for each of the observations. After a long time, read this Sanskrit line: Yad Bhavam Tat Bhavathi. यद् भावं तद् भवति

If you haven't yet, I encourage you to go read both Anika's and Viswa's posts.

iyerviji, anika987 and Viswamitra like this.
  10. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

iyerviji likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.