Finest Post Nominations - July 2022

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Rihana, Jul 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Rihana
    Life has no do-overs. I don’t think I’ve ever wished for one. This post by @Amica makes me wish she got her time travel Time Travelling - To Re-start Life Again

I wish so too but alas there are none.

I would like to nominate Amica for FP.

Amica, Thyagarajan and Rihana like this.
  2. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Thank Rih for the feedback. It means a lot. Yes you are right. I'm not able to get back to the replies here,I'm a bit busy with so many projects at work, rest of the time in the day goes in spending with lil one... :) and not to forget my new diet routine:nomouth::nomouth:
    Thanks @Srama for the nomination.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2022
  3. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

You are very welcome. : )

Random pop quiz: Guess how many unique food items are mentioned in that post? : ) : )

Thyagarajan, Laks09 and Anusha2917 like this.
  4. Rihana

Thank you, Viji Jaan.
    Response by @DDream in
    Staying Focused To Study

I have benefitted from DDream's posts on how to be more productive, how to concentrate and stick to goals. They are filled with practical suggestions, such that even if we follow one regularly, it will show up in the results. In particular, one that I have started using is a darkened room with only the work table illuminated. Initially, I thought it'd make me sleepy but I was wrong. It is as if the focus of the light on the narrow work area makes the mind also focus on the current task only.

5. Rihana

School Issues With 4 Year Old by @umaakumar
    I am so glad you brought this post to FP, Laks. When I read it, my first thought was how blessed are grandkids whose grandparents post such a detailed post. Time flies and the little ones grow up and will one day read it maybe.

It is simply too precious. I have no words to describe how nice it feels to behold the love and concern behind such query posts.
    Indeed!

Thyagarajan and Laks09 like this.
  6. Rihana

Follow-up post by @Vedhavalli in her own thread:
    Inquisitive Aquaitenances On Crucial Time

There are all kinds of job offers, internship offers, college and other program acceptances. Each is a sweet victory and milestone in itself. But when it is a mom re-entering the workforce after a longish gap, there is something extra special. In that one thread, Vedhavalli went from inquisitive neighbor to interviews to internship. We are all very proud of V's accomplishment which no doubt took a lot of hard work, motivation and perseverance. Wishing her all the very best.

=================
    Quite a few dear friends of mine have gone back to work through the re-entry or returnship programs. Not sure who started it, but it was a great idea.

Thyagarajan, Vedhavalli and Laks09 like this.
  7. Rihana

Response by @Amica in Time Travelling - To Re-start Life Again
    How to be there for someone but also give them their space. How to decide if something can wait, needs more time or now is the time.

Sometimes navigating life is like Ajay Devgn in Runway 34 landing the Kochi bound plane in Trivandrum in zero visibility. We can only do our best with what we know at that time.

Deep questions. No answers. I am going to google a simpler one... when did he change spelling from Devgan to Devgn.

Amica's post will make me ping my friends more frequently in WA, and even ping the ones who only send me fwd's. Thank you Amica, thank you Laks.

Amica, Thyagarajan and Laks09 like this.
  8. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

Rihana, Vedhavalli and iyerviji like this.
  9. Vedhavalli

Vedhavalli Platinum IL'ite

Heyyyyy she deserves the first nomination! It was her words which motivated me to push each time and @anika her 5 minutes focus time made me realize we take 5 minutes as granted

iyerviji and Thyagarajan like this.
  10. Vedhavalli

Vedhavalli Platinum IL'ite

Thank you @Laks09 , indeed heartfelt thank you...I thought I'm underachieving, good for nothing person. That's how my birth family made me believe self doubt constant criticism, raisingbars..., I had 3 offer letters before college graduation, no one cheered for me. Because everyone is supposed to get job... not a big deal its only mnc..

My relatives asked, was it was only you attending interview.. so you got job.
    Re-entry program is 2 month process...
    It was bit tough, interviews were more than 1 hour, totally 6 interview rounds were there.
    After every round i would cry for 10 min ....

One was practical test where you have to share screen. I cleared each round, thinking the company policy is lenient with re-enter policy.... they hire mom's etc. Women empowerment etc. Naive of me...
    Yes, I really hope to find tribe at work.
    Learn, relearn, grow. I wish my best to your friend, to get her feet back on job market.

I'm happy here in IL I can show my vulnerable face..

Thyagarajan and Laks09 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.