1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Enough of celebrity homes - let us share our homes and decorative items !

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by Sabitha_K, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Shan, I am hugely disappointed with you !

From the well-known family who stand for the essence of arts and crafts in IL, you haven't posted any of your pics ?

I am eagerly waiting to see some of your artistic stuff in your home which you cannot keep us away from .. :-:)-:)-(

2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

I love to play with colors and call me crazy to share a picture of just a painted room, but I really like the way this entryway has turned out - hope you all like it. And yes, yellow is my favorite color!!

Attached Files:

nuss, Goodgod, rajinitk4 and 10 others like this.
  3. Gowri66

Gowri66 Gold IL'ite

Srama...

Wow !! Beautiful dear. The color combination, ambience is just perfect!!
    Liked it very much.

4. Sindhurao

Sindhurao Gold IL'ite

Hi Sabitha:

Brilliant idea for a thread!

You have a nice collection of knick knacks. The softies are adorable! Wow, your mom has a huge collection of soft toys!

Gowri: That is a very pretty corner you have decorated. And the panda looks cuddlesome:).

Archana: That is a lovely carpet and the play of light and shade in your room make a lovely picture.

Alpa: The altar with flowers, vases, incense and idols brings a together a picture of peace. Hadn't seen a buddhist altar before, thanks for sharing.

SRama: The yellow painted room looks awesome. Can't help but notice the plants in their nook:)

My collection includes bamboo / grass/ willow baskets of all size and shapes and tiny collection of elephants. Will post them soon.

Sindhu

5. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

dear Archna and sindhurao,

thank you for your compliments.

love
    alpa

6. advitha

advitha Silver IL'ite

Srama, loved your entry way. Especially the different colors playing around there is great. Yes, these days people prefer vibrant colors. BTW, loved the hanging "sara vilakku" and swami photos in your living room.

-Uma

7. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Gowri 66, thanks for your sweet comments!

Sindhu, thanks. you should that plant corner, it keeps changing - I think that was summer and I had kept some plants that needed to go out as well :)

Advitha, thanks for your nice words and noticing my lamp - I was glad when I could find a chain to hang it down. Many of my friends appreciate it!

8. Gowri66

Gowri66 Gold IL'ite

Sindhu,
    Thanks dear. It looks so natural with a bamboo shoot in its mouth !

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

archana

how did i miss your bedroom. i love the ambience. the first purchases always are precious isn't it.

srama,

Wow, is what i can say. i better not talk about your idea.

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

I feel this this too much:hide::hide:. you have to visit chitvishmaam's home, it is a fusion of tradition and modern. i love her home. some other's i am not mentioning but have a way with doing their homes.

mine is a flat thirsting for a coat of paint and since i cannot do it alone, waiting for dh to come in with more time (10year old:hide:) and a very compact one at that, not much space is their to flaunt all that we make at home. still i don't want to disappoint you. so here goes a few niches in my living and dinind room..if you find specks of dust, blame the on and off rains that are leaving so much of mositure in the air.

1 picture is the top of inverter and battery which is extented to the whole wall..there is a seater with cushions and below is a space i use for extra shoes and newspaper.

2 and 3.well i had a space near the wall embedded showcase. since DD has keyboard lessons I had the whole wall made into a small unit with one side holding the tv,dvd,and there is a draw that houses her keyboard. on the other end is my pc from where i do all the browsing. the window panel opens outside and there are windchimes hanging out of the windows.

4. I have a huge collection of ceramics. some are housed on top of my shoe case..i am restricting from uploading those..as they do have some of the kinderjoy toys too..:biglaugh

5. Part of the embedded showunit that houses some of knicknacks and medals.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 22, 2009
    nuss, Goodgod, rajinitk4 and 5 others like this.