1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Electric Griddle Recommendation

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by Halosandwings, Nov 18, 2022.

1. Halosandwings

Halosandwings Bronze IL'ite

Hi All,

I use electric griddle to make dosa. I was using cheap Walmart ones. They were ok when I was using them sparingly. Of late, both my kids want to have dosa daily and the cheap ones are lasting 2-3 months. Also, the non stick coating is coming off easily. I want to know if there is a reasonably priced alternative that you ladies tried and recommend. My budget is 100-150 usd. Thanks much!

2. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

We also have walmart ( less than 30$ i guess) one and using for almost every day/every other day for dosa, pancakes and some times for omlettes breads, roti/parattha as well. We always take it to the trips as use a lot there. We have it for 3 yrs i guess and been using atleast 5 out of 7 days.
    I think these things have life and with more usage/ less care, it gets shortened... so probably time for you to change.
    Look up in amazon + reviews.

3. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

You can try the Zojirushi gourmet sizzler electric griddle. It’s around $140 and has good reviews. But these appliances can be hit or miss. Another option is to just get the cheap ones like Presto and replace.

4. Halosandwings

Thanks much! I will look into it.

5. Halosandwings

Wow!!! I am buying the same ones you are talking about… they barely last me 6 months.. how do you take care of them? Is there a special cleaning involved or do you use low heat settings?