1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

easy or tough to maintain weight

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by sushmi, Nov 30, 2012.

1. sushmi

sushmi New IL'ite

Hi all,
    previously i had many post here on weight loss and after a long gap i am here again with a bad news that i didnt even loss a single pound in a year and a good news is that i didnt even gain a single pound in a year.
    to start with my story, i was 126lbs before kids..after two kids i reached 154lbs..
    then started some yoga just for 20 mins and a little change in diet and it did help me.and i was 134lbs in august 2011.i was so happy 8 more to go...but then came the festive season..and in december 2011 i was 138 lbs..and now its almost dec 2012 i m 138.
    in this one year i tried almost everything but result is same..little walking,little dieting defintly not much efforts as needed.one bad habit i started is having atleat 4 glasses of wine in a week.i thought i will gain weight becoz of this addiction..but still 138..then last month ,not even a single glass(first time in 2012)..but not even a 1/2 lbs change ..still 138.

its hard to loose weight or i can say its easy to maintain weight..
    but seriously its not funny i want to loose 12 lbs..i know its just 12 but i was unable to do that in 12 months.. i need some good words from you and some motivation.

thax
    sushmi

2. ChandrikaV

ChandrikaV IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sushmi,

Interesting......what did you do to lose 20 lbs? when you went down from 154 to 134? More exercise or dieting consciously? What was your weight in 2012 before the festive season? Was is less? Now with winter approaching in North East, is it possible that your exercise routine/pattern has changed?

Atleast one good thing is you were able to maintain for one year and now you can super charge....

Good Luck
    Love
    CV

1 person likes this.
  3. suganvijay

suganvijay Platinum IL'ite

@Sushmi: Thats awesome. Maintaining weight is more difficult than Losing it I would Say. :) So be happy that You are maintaining Shape even after having Wine :) but nt sure If wine does add to the weight gain. :)

4. sushmi

sushmi New IL'ite

@ CV when i lost 20 lbs,my routine was :daily 20 mins yoga,mainly kapal bhati,heavy breakfast(like parathas or sandwiches),30 mins walk (3 times a week),didnt remember exactly what i used to eat in lunch,light dinner(plate full of cooked sprouts,lots of poha etc),i m vegetarian but eats eggs sometimes.

before festive season i was 134 and then i gained 4 lbs in 3 months and i was 138 lbs in dec 2011 and thats what i was saying still in dec 2012 i m 138,so no loss no gain.

@ sugan vijay,i think any type of alcohal is responsible for weight gain ..

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012