1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Do not waste foods. Tips to reuse.

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by srilavanya, Feb 1, 2008.

1. annapoorna_cs

annapoorna_cs New IL'ite

hi

found it good and useful

thanks for the tips

annu

2. swarnalata.N.S.

swarnalata.N.S. Platinum IL'ite

Very interesting tips. No Leftovers in our house . Always given away to the servant maid........in foreign countrys there are no maids, so problem.

3. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Swarnalatha,

See what are all the problem when we go out of India?Big LaughIt seems to be small but very very problematic one. So Lavanya opened one thread for that.:hiyaI opened a thread for 'Left over foods' here is the link for that.

New dishes using LEFT OVERS ([​IMG] 1 2 3 ... Last Page) check it out.
    krishnaamma

Last edited: May 29, 2008
  4. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Hi Friends
    for daily meals, since I know how much we consume, most of the time, I prepare without leftovers. For any left over curries or sabjis, find their place in next day lunch.
    If one or two rotis are left and left over bread slices( the last pieces that no one in our house eats) they get fed to the birds.
    Like Meeta pointed out, I don't like adding more fat and carbs to enhance the left over.

5. ANK

ANK Bronze IL'ite

Hi All,

Interesting thread! Here is what I do with left overs!

Left over sabji's and daals. I mash it and mix it in my chapathi dough, and make fresh hot daal-rotis or sabji rotis with them, put some ghee while cooking it and make it crisp, and see how it is devoured!

If it is dry veggies, I even use them as a stuffing for Curry puffs!

Left over white rice turns to curd rice, lemon rice, Chithranna, chinese fried rice, or even better a rice snack as in rice balls with chees filling!

6. shalusaini

shalusaini New IL'ite

hi,
    if u hav any leftover dal then u can mix it with wheat flour (atta) and add salt , chilli powder , dhania powder , little ajwain , green chilli(optinal).
    make roti or parathan and serve hot with curd. my 2 year old son also love it.
    if any dry vegetable or subzi is left then u can stuff this to rotis n parathan . add little more spices to subzi also if u want.

Shalu

7. chanjes

chanjes New IL'ite

Hi,
    Very nice tips indeed. I have got one too. If you have enough left over rice from parties or any time, depending of the left over rice amount( say the rice can feed two!) chop one onion, one tomato, chillies and salt to taste, 1/4 cup of moong dal and two table spoons of toor dal, preferably soaked in water to soften them a bit to cook easily.

pressure cook all the ingrediants ecxept rice, for two whistles, remove from fire, add rice after the pressure comes down and cooke again for one whistle, garnish with corriander leaves.

If you can add black crushed pepper insted of chillies tastes even more better.

Thankyou
    regards
    jes

8. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Hi

when we have some ripe bananas, no one like to eat them. I immediately bake banana bread or panchamritham or banana milk shake.

9. nehajagadeesh

nehajagadeesh Senior IL'ite

:) hi there!!!!!!!!!!
    this blog is really cool ,coz good old cold food is brilliantly converted into yummy and tasty food . we can save a little on avoiding eat out in resturants. so here we go :thumbsup
    i have an :idea if you have the left over rice which can be served to one person atleast , add a cup of water and a tsp of salt boil it ,u can add finely chopped onions , greenchillies and coriander leaves and mix everything by adding rice flour until you get a dough consistency. now smear few drops of oil on aluminium foil and take a lemon size dough and pat it till you make it the size of parata, then as usual fry on a pan as normally u prepare chapatti. Voila!!!!!!Bowyummy rice parathas are ready to eat.

:wave

10. svidya

svidya New IL'ite

Hi

The thread is really worth it. Thanks to lavanya

Actually I wanted to know what you can do with breads, Bcoz most of the time I use to waste it after expiry date. I am not talking of using it after expiry which surely is not advisable , but before that any recipes to advice, pls help.

Regards

Vidya