1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Chutney Mixer

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by anupamag, Jun 7, 2021.

1. anupamag

anupamag Gold IL'ite

Dear friends,

Do you have any recommendations for a small mixier to be frequently used for grinding chuntneys, ginger garlic pastes, dry roasted spices etc.

I have a big 3 jar standard mixie, but most of time I need only a small compact body mixie and small jar for the above purposes. I am planning to buy it in India when I go for vacation, so please let me know any brands you have been using.

Thanks
    Anupama

2. Hopikrishnan

Hopikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

[​IMG]
    We have Alpina wet and dry grinder. It comes in both 110v and 220v, depending on which country you are from. You can grind chutneys, masalas, curry premixes etc... using the WET jar, and coffee beans, and other water-free powders using the DRY jar. Both jars attached to the grinder base using bayonet mount. Both jars are dishwasher proof, made of SS and high density plastic (polycarbonate, I think). Look for it in Amazondotcom. There are other brands with similar features.

3. Bubbles

Bubbles Silver IL'ite

Have an old one, Preeti Chefpro model... alternatively, you can also just get a small chutney jar compatible with your 3 jar mixer?

Hopikrishnan likes this.
  4. anupamag

anupamag Gold IL'ite

-----------------------------
    Thanks, but I could not find it in Amazon India site or Amazon Germany site(where I live)

5. anupamag

anupamag Gold IL'ite

I have a chutney jar, but the base unit is too bulky and I store it in upper shelf, only bring it down for weekly Idli/Dosa batter grinding, hence wanted a portable chutney mixer

6. Hopikrishnan

Hopikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

Don't worry... this kind of feeling is usually because you do not need it. Minimize your life... get along without it. You have done fine without it anyhow...
    It is not difficult to buy it in Germany if you really want it. You can buy it in a real shop. You have to tell us which city you live in.
    You might want to get an immersion grinder, like the red one in the image:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 8, 2021
  7. Bubbles

Bubbles Silver IL'ite

How about MagicBullet? Is it, or some variation of it, available in Germany? It does a decent job on coconut chutneys etc.