1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Cant Achieve My Goal

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by Sweety82, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Sweety82

Sweety82 Gold IL'ite

Hi friends
    Hope I can get useful advices here for my issue. After delivery I couldn't find time for myself and I have put on so much of weight. When I was in college, I used to eat and try everything to increase weight. But my weight won't increase. I was credited for my beauty during my college days. Now I am thinking of those days and feeling like missing myself. Now the story has turned otherwise. whatever I do not even a gram is not decreasing. My schedule is hectic. I couldn't go to gym as my DS will never leave me. I am tight with my house routine as I don't have a maid. I have a loving H. Though my mom helps me, I fail in my determination to succeed in weight loss. I don't have a routine like before ie., before marriage. Sometimes I feel exhausted. I wonder and appreciate women who take care of themselves whatever be the problem in their life. All beautiful ladies, can u Pls share ur beauty routine after marriage so that u r still maintaining it till date I believe. Supportive responses are highly appreciated.

2. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

Do you like dancing? There are Zumba videos on you tube. Even Bollywood Zumba. Atleast 30 mins every day or couple of days a week.

Eat well balanced meals. More vegetables, fruits. Less carb but more protein. Have oats/ bulgur wheat for breakfast. Eat carrots and cucumbers as snacks if you are hungry. No fried food . Moong dal is my big favorite ( sprouted and also in dosa). Cut down on rice.

Dress neatly even if it is at home. You will feel much better about yourself.

kkrish, Sweety82 and Ushasantosh like this.
  3. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

About adding in workouts.. House routine without maid itself is a big workout on its own. Sweeping, moping, dusting, standing n washing vessels, chopping veggies, cooking, washing / drying / folding clothes, general cleaning, sorting, grocery shopping are jus a few of the house chores .. theres a lot, ensure you are standing or walking for including more workouts. Buy something like a fit bit or mi band n wear it through out n count your steps n the amount of calorie you burn on a daily basis.
    If you like dancing, play music n dance during your daily work routine like while cooking

kkrish and Sweety82 like this.
  4. Sweety82

Sweety82 Gold IL'ite

Thanks @SinghManisha and @ashneys for your valuable suggestions. I have tried zumbha dance before but I stopped in middle. I used to walk and have a counter also. Everything stopped on the whole after my LO started to seek much attention. Have to find time by myself. :)

SinghManisha likes this.
  5. sundarshan

sundarshan New IL'ite

6. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Yours seems to be a time management issue.

First write down, on paper, how your days go by, for a week.
    Include your child's routine also.

Once you see it on paper you may see some chunks of time where you may be spending time on unnecessary work.
    See if you child has a set routine. Try to work on setting a good routine for your child first. The child must be in bed by 8 pm.
    The more sleep the child gets the less irritable and clingy the child will be.

Also document how much you are sleeping. If you do not get at least 7 hours of sleep, it will be difficult to lose weight.

Try the above first.

Next step is watching what you eat.
    Cut down white flour, sugar first. (Do not eliminate, just start reducing till you have them rarely)
    Increase fresh vegetables and fruits. Eat moderate amounts of protein.

Third - As you fall into a regular routine, you will find time to exercise.
    Even skipping rope for 5 minutes should help for now.

@ashneys mentioned dance. That is a good suggestion. Carry your child and dance slowly. A good workout using child as weight. Here is video that may give you an idea of how to do it.

If the child is little older, do stretches and jumping jacks, telling the child that "Amma needs to exercise. Kutti must play." Your child will understand and either play or join you in the jumping fun.

Most importantly - do not expect quick results. Aim for minimum 1/2 kg/1 pound a month.

Best wishes.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
    Sweety82 likes this.
  7. virtualkv2020

virtualkv2020 Platinum IL'ite

Hi..
    I was in the same boat as you are now.But you need to start taking charge of your own health.Once you are done with breast feeding, you can start working towards your weight loss goal.Planning ahead helps a lot,here a few tips that helped me take baby steps in reaching my goal.

1. You are what you eat.When your kid is asleep or with your mom/hubby,clean your kitchen.i.e throw away the junk food,preservative foods like instant curry packets etc.
    2. Load your pantry and fridge with fresh fruits,vegetables,nuts,dates,eggs.Chicken and fish in case you are a non vegetarian.Remember to eat simple home cooked food,but you need to control your portion size.
    3. To keep track of calories weather to maintain,lose or gain, try using a calorie tracking app such as 'healthifyme' which is developed by Indians to factor in Indian foods such as Idli and Dosa.Following this app will help you keep track of the calories eaten.This is just a suggestion but you can download any app of your choice.I love this app and it has helped me portion size my food.
    4.Exercise along with portion control is the key to sustainable and healthy weight loss.Look at your daily routine and try to squeeze in at least 30 mins for your workout.Workouts can be done at the comfort of your own home, there are so many fitness workout videos available for free on youtube.You can start with them.There are several kinds such as yoga,body weight training,Leslie power walk etc.You can workout while your kid is asleep or simply send your baby with your mom for an evening stroller walk while you exercise.If you cannot find time for yourself during the day,early morning workout helps.You also go for a walk or run with your baby using a jogging stroller.
    7.You could also pamper yourself with a good fitness tracker which tracks your heartbeat,sleep pattern,step count,calories burnt during your exercise.It will not only motivate you but also helps you set exercise goals.Slowly and consistently if you are able to workout for 5 days a week, then you are in the right track to achieve your dream goal.Once you have mastered portion size, you can easily portion size your cheat meals/snacks too.
    8.Every time you reach a small goal such as loosing a pound in a week treat yourself with one small cheat meal/snack once a week during the day time!
    9.Buy yourself a good dress,hang it in your wardrobe and look forward to see yourself in that dress a year or two from now :)
    10.As far as beauty is concerned,keeping yourself happy and stress free helps,exercise being a good stress buster.Diet also plays a vital role in beauty.Incorporating white sesame seeds,almonds,amla,fresh coconut,cooked apples,cabbage,milk in right amounts (don't go overboard) in your diet is very good for skin and hair.Most women experience hair loss after delivery, you can try this energy drink for glowing skin and lustrous air.

Ayurvedic Home Made Energy Drink For All Ages

I cant put something on my skin and hair that cant be eaten,i.e no chemicals! Here is my skin and hair care routine.

For hair

1.Massaging the scalp with little luke warmed hibiscus hair oil 3 times a week.
    2. Applying a conditioning hair mask an hour before head bath and rinsing with a herbal mild shampoo twice a week.(every Wednesday and alternate Saturday).
    3. Applying henna gloss on alternate Saturdays.

For skin
    1.I am using the following bath powder
    Green gram - 100 gms
    Bengal gram - 50 grams
    Rice - 25 grams
    Fenugreek seeds - 5 grams
    Turmeric - 1 to 2 grams
    Babchi- Bavanchalu - Bakuchi Seeds - Karpokarishi - Paoralea Corylifolia - few seeds.
    Powder the above and store in a glass jar, mix the required amount with water and use as soap.

2.Massaging for a few mins with olive oil or almond oil soon after bath during winter helps over come dry skin.

There are so many other simple and natural home remedies for skin and hair on this website that you can follow based on your need.Also, make sure your hormones like thyroid etc are in check,if not take appropriate medications.I hope this helps.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
    kkrish, salad, Sweety82 and 1 other person like this.
  8. Sweety82

Sweety82 Gold IL'ite

Thank you very much for the tips
    @sudarshan, @kkrish and @kveena . Thanks for the useful video kkrish and good tip list kveena. I read everything and this motivates me a lot. I will try these with confidence.

kkrish likes this.
  9. sarvantaryamini

sarvantaryamini Gold IL'ite

Do not skip breakfast. Eat a good breakfast. Take an exercise dvd and do it on alternate days(try beachbody). Do not diet (don't stop eating food), cut down sugar - sugar cereals, sweets, energy drinks. Fruit juice is okay(without sugar). Sleep well and drink a lot of water. Don't stress about anything. Take a hormone check (thyroid) because pregnancy affects hormones a lot. Pray daily for 5 minutes.

10. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

@ashneys' suggestion is an actionable one for a busy, no maids situation. I would recommend adding the weight of your LO while doing chores. You can either buy or make a papoose. It is also called a baby carrier. There are many DIY youtube videos for making....some use a bit of sewing, but others do not.

Sweety82 likes this.