1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Buddies Required!!! Lose a kg for a month- June 2014!

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by sridevi1977, Jun 1, 2014.

1. sridevi1977

sridevi1977 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Writera and Laks,
    Same status for me even if I go to India. Sometimes, I feel like I became confident and stronger enough to deal all things for my family all by myself. And I am sure proud of myself for being a very good care giver for my dear ones. God has given so much load to a person that he/she can withstand. So Laks... always remember that we are stronger enough to go against th struggles we face every day.
    Writera, Enjoy the luxury though!
    I like the privacy and independency here in USA when compared to India. Even now after these many years, if I want to go some where in India, either my mom or dad always wants to guard me. Their main goal is my safety. but sometimes, I feel irritated. All the relatives wont let us go any where with my kids alone. Either some one will come or I need to wait for my hubby.
    They wont let me ride the 2 wheeler too.. Auto is my only choice. This way, I did not get any chance to explore chennai city. I turned into a zero geographical knowledge person until today. I just got used to be a passenger most of the time. But after coming here, I developed my sense of self just by driving alone. taking kids to places...Driving on the high way....dont ask me.I feel like I was flying...felt so good about myself even though I have inner fear after I met with a major accident. I took my parents to a tour here with out my husband. They felt so happy and proud of me. If I were in the same well, I might not have been seen the outside world.
    My husband let me live my life...I always expect him to spoon feed meBut he just dont care, and let me learn by my experiences and mistakes...Its his way of teaching me. Though I am not comfortable with his handling on me, I developed more confidence on myself. I stayed here in foreign country with my kids alone for almost 1.5 years when my husband was travelling states to states...I did not sleep peacefully even 1 single night, but I am proud that I was able to manage here alone...

The exposture here brought out the power inside me. Now, after these many years I dont want to go back, even though I miss my carefree life there...Above all, kids got used to thsi living here...we still did n't decide where we want to settle, but right now, We are happy here...I know I am alone, I miss my parents, their care, my friends... my home town....I pass my days home sick most of the time...but I like to live here...more responsibility, more independency, more happiness...above all... more peace...With little more support from my husband is possible for me, I am sure I can go places...
    Way out of topic... sorry ladies...

6 people like this.
  2. sridevi1977

sridevi1977 IL Hall of Fame

Today, I did 1 hr of group workout- floor workout and weights.
    Then I still feel I was power packed that I can go to gym. so, went to gym and walked on treadmill for 45 mins. did some stretches and meditate all alone in a big hall with no body around(in the club house).
    I was blessed. Came home, gave myself a warm head bath and went to bed. no cleaning, no cooking today. felt like I juiced my body.
    dont know about my tomorrow morning sturggle. but now, I am ready to sleep...
    Tomorrow also will be survived some how. God save me.
    Dont give me any dreams or disturbances... just want to sleep like a baby.
    good night dearies...

3. darmesh

darmesh Platinum IL'ite

That is how every woman is treated by her family members in Tamil Nadu as well as everywhere in India !

That is an unavoidable outcome , which many women face in India !

Congratulating you and very specially your husband for transforming you from a woman of zero geographical orientation in Chennai to an independent , power packed woman who can drive alone in US ! Felt like seeing a mini-movie now !!

Great Sridevi ! You see, for this reason only (of making the thread a fascinating one, now and then ) I am in your thread in 'Keep Fit section' !

'Keeping fit can be fun now' this is the ad in the Home page of this website. Probably they designed that phrase by seeing your threads !

4. reh

reh Platinum IL'ite

I was so obsessed with checking weights daily and this time I am taking time to get a new weighing scale... but i will get one soon :)

1 person likes this.
  5. reh

reh Platinum IL'ite

june 16
    =======
    Diet
    ====
    Meal 1- water, methi , lime & honey juice, 5 almonds,1/2 apple
    Meal 2- apple,beet,celery smoothie , puttu & channa curry
    Meal 3 - green tea, apple
    Meal 4 - rice , brinjal, dal , curd
    Meal 5 - green tea , almonds