1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Buddies Required!!! Lose a kg for a month- Feb 2014

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by sridevi1977, Jan 31, 2014.

1. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Platinum IL'ite

Sridevi,

site was down n I'm sure they are aware of the problem. I could not even post any message for 2 days. Now I'm good.

2. Ishque

Ishque Silver IL'ite

Ladies pls. count me in....

Name- Ishque

Team- 2
    Feb 6st weight- 58.6 Kgs
    Feb target weight- 57 Kgs

2 people like this.
  3. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

JAM,
    Take baby steps. All that added activity must be making you ravenous. Don't try and control the urge to snack. Rather eat healthy snacks in small quantities and don't keep junk at home. I know it's hard with kids but I think it's better that even kids learn to eat healthy. I've banned all my weaknesses from home. That means chocolate anything does not get bought here. I don't crave for cookies, mixture varieties etc. I keep that at home for the folks at home. If you can't keep any junk around without eating it then definitely cut out the junk from home. Substitute with fresh fruits/home made granola etc. I keep snacking on nuts, small raisin packs, small dried berries packs etc. I've noticed that having things in small individual packs helps. I don't gorge on the entire box. If you absolutely have to eat the snack, pack small one time use quantities in small ziploc snack bags and keep it. For mixture, boondi etc try packing one/two measured table spoons in packs. For cookies,one cookie per pack. Eat only one of those packs per day. For chocolates, the individual M&M single serving packs are great(one pack is only 73 cals).
    Try to creatively snack. Over time, once you increase your protien intake and get used to the exercise routines your craving will go down. Now, I hardly crave for chocolate. I'm having a couple of bars in the fridge and much to DHs surprise it is still sitting there(my kids don't like chocolate). If it was earlier, I ate a bar or two every couple of days.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
    3 people like this.
  4. Anabika

Anabika Silver IL'ite

Laks, I am impressed. I will take this advice of yours and try to implement it (though it is for JAM ;)). I love chocolates(only Godiva/Lindt/Toblerone/See's/Dove). If I buy all other chocolates, they will sit in home for a long time and I will throw them away. I hate hard candies and do not crave for any of Indian sweets except home made milk-kova. I eat few other sweets when I go out, but I don't crave for it. Prunes is my chocolate substitute. I just love it and I don't get tempted to eat chocolates. These days I am trying to avoid all those junks even for my DH and kids as you rightly pointed out they also can develop good eating habits. Still, they need to snack everyday in the evening. I really want to be in the stage where you are now(not to get tempted by chocolates). I hope one day I will be there too.

1 person likes this.
  5. JustAnotherMom

I don't know how this gonna work for me Laks

Last day one of my colleague brought an awesome bread with cinnamon and I ended up eating most of it and since I loved it he has promised he will bring it often for me :(

when I went home after my zumba class I had Texas cheese fry's on my dinning table and that became my dinner :(

I think for time being I will stick to water and work out.

6. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

JAM,
    You have to practice some portion control if you need to see results. I did try exercise alone and I didn't see a single oz reduction until I started looking at my plate. That does not mean you can't eat the cinnamon bread but an entire loaf of it is not healthy. Eat a small piece, thank your colleague and walk away from there. Don't stay in the vicinity of the bread.
    After a hard workout your body needs fuel. Proper fuels are proteins with some carbs and a little bit of fat. The Texas cheese fries don't sound like they fit the bill. That'll only make you crave more later since you didn't get the right food in the first place. That does not mean don't eat it. Take a small serving in a plate, put it away and make your quinoa salad with cheese and olive oil. Your body deserves to be treated with that for the hard workout. After making the salad, eat the salad first and the the cheese fries. Contemplating can make you stop sometimes. Putting off that piece of chocolate until the little guy is in bed makes me question wanting to eat it at all.
    The adage that says 80% of weight loss happens with diet control is absolutely true. I've experienced it first hand.
    Also great abs are made in the kitchen. You have to find a way to control the portion sizes of all the added calories you consume,otherwise when you don't see results you may give up. I've done that too.

2 people like this.
  7. Anabika

Anabika Silver IL'ite

Feb 6:

2 Chapathis/spinach and dal
    FF Milk
    2 Dosas/Chutney
    1 Prunes

No exercise. Went out to mall (hence skipped breakfast) and walked a lot.

8. JustAnotherMom

No work out no water yesterday. But had healthy food

1 person likes this.
  9. vidyabaskar

vidyabaskar Silver IL'ite

Thanks laks that was a very good advise. I am in that struggling stage where I am working out hard (alternating between 70 min workout and 30min workout the other day, and for now 10-15 min of less weight or body weight strength training) but no weight loss because of food habits.

10. vidyabaskar

vidyabaskar Silver IL'ite

Updates:
    5th February:
    1/2 cup tea and two bread slice
    2 dosa with podi and yogurt
    cake piece
    raw veg salad with 2spn boiled channa
    pasta, raita
    coffee
    rice with yogurt

Workout:20min cycling, 10 min strength training
    water:
    2ltr
    2L water-done, workout-done, no chocolate-done, mini workout-not done, meditation-not done.

6th February:
    coffee
    2 dosa
    raita
    mushroom rice with raita
    1 cup multigrain kanji
    one more cup multigrain kanji and one naan

water: 2ltr

workout: 60min cardio and 10min weights
    points 1, all challenges met

7th February:
    2 chapatis with jam and 1 coffee