1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Beware Of Scams

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sunnysideup, Mar 22, 2022.

1. sunnysideup

sunnysideup Silver IL'ite

Yes I am glad that I am safe. As for self guilt it seems to be increasing with time. I made the post on the same day and tried to make myself feel better. Unfortunately like slow poison i keep thinking of why and how of the incident.
    Its distressing to realize I am so vulnerable. Bank officials, Friends and colleagues, acquaintances etc telling how only old people, technologically challenged and illiterate ones get scammed makes me feel very dumb.
    Working to come out of this and not losing my self confidence.
    Thanks for sharing the incident with your uncle. It resonates with me because once you start trusting the other party we fail to notice the obvious red flags. Its almost like we need another person to shake us up and wake us from the trance. It is god's grace indeed that your uncle was saved with your timely help.

Ragavisang likes this.
  2. sunnysideup

Thanks Minion for sharing the video. Scamming is a huge business indeed. Cops told me that I might be getting even more calls as apparently my number is in their system. Even after shamelessly fleecing me I still got the calls next day from many unknown numbers which obviously i did not pick. its been 3 days since the incident but still i get 1 or 2 unknown number calls. The video definitely helps me to be vigilant.

3. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:An e mail message almost hoodwinked me and I spoke to my Banker for sending money to my bosom friend who lost his travel papers and cards in a hotel and being threatened for non payment of hotel bills and police were after him in a foreign land. But spouse happen to ......
    Narrated in link
    Spouse & I - An Outlook For Money & Password

sunnysideup likes this.
  4. sunnysideup

Another Lesson learnt with your wonderful post. Anything out of ordinary should be thoroughly analyzed.
    Kudos your intelligent spouse who saved you from a huge mess.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for reading my experience and thanks also for appreciating my spouse's intelligence and alacrity.
    Regards.
    God Bless.