1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

best juice for parties

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by Sindhuja, Sep 19, 2007.

1. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

Friends,
    We are having a after dinner party on October 6th for my husband's colleagues in my place. Please suggest me what to serve them especially drinks ( no alcohol)
    For our last party the items were cheese cake, chocolate coated strawberry, fruit salad, de-caf coffee and tea. I want to try something different.
    Thank you!

Sindhu

2. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

Have you tried fruit punches? You can probably google for recipes of fruit punch. There are versions of alcoholic drinks without the alcohol - like pina colada without using rum, etc.

3. madhu11

madhu11 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Sindhu,

If you like you can try this and see how this tastes. If you don't like to add jello then try pineapple or other juices you like.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="99%" border=0><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #dddd9d 2px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; BORDER-TOP: #eeeece 1px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; FONT-SIZE: 18px; BORDER-LEFT: #eeeece 1px solid; COLOR: #8caa9e" noWrap align=left bgColor=#ffffcc>FRUIT JUICE PUNCH<TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #eeeece 1px solid"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #dddd9d 2px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 20px; PADDING-LEFT: 20px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 20px; BORDER-LEFT: #eeeece 1px solid; PADDING-TOP: 20px; BORDER-BOTTOM: #dddd9d 2px solid" bgColor=#ffffcc colSpan=2><!----><!--FRUIT JUICE PUNCH-->
    2 boxes Jello (pick flavor or color you want)
    3 c. sugar
    3 c. hot water
    32 oz. fruit juice (flavor or color you want)
    6 oz. lemon juice
    4 c. water
    2 tsp. almond extract
    2 qts. ginger ale
    Pick Jello and fruit juice by what color and/or flavor you want your punch. Dissolve Jello, sugar in 3 cups boiling water. Add fruit juice, lemon juice, water and almond extract. Chill until needed then add ginger ale. Makes 2 gallons.

4. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

Thank you, Shobana. I haven't tried it before. Madhu has given me the recipe. Will let you know how it turned out.

regards,
    Sindhu

5. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

Hi Madhu,
    Thank you so much:-D . Will try and let you know how it turned out.

BTW, how are your mint plants?

best,
    Sindhu

6. madhu11

madhu11 Bronze IL'ite

hi sindhu,

My mint is doing well. Thank you. Did you see my hibiscus in the my flower garden thread? Take a look.:)

7. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

No, I did not. I will get back to you soon.

Sindhu

8. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Hi Sindhu,

Try out Eljaypee's fruit juices in the recipies thread. You get a lot of varities.

9. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

Thanks, Rajmi. I will look at it for sure.

regards,
    Sindhu

10. Malathi1

Malathi1 New IL'ite

Although your party is long since over for your next party you may wish to serve Apple Cider, especially warm in a slow-cooker at the entrance into which you keep refilling cider made from packaged mix [good and welcome especially in Fall & Winter months].

Another drink which has been a success in warmer times is a punch made out of Lemon or other citrus sherbet to which ginger syrup or ginger ale is added. You may also melt some lemon ice-cream into it if you want a creamier finish. Float some fruitbits [can be frozen-since that will nicely substitute for ice-pieces w/o diluting the punch!
    Enjoy!
    Malathi